FIFA 17

ajwffc

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Imagine buying that debacle of a game last year and still not moving over to PES. :lol:

That's the thing though, it's that shite, but still better than PES. Every fucking year I hope PES is actually good for once but it's fucking chronic time after time, it's like they've found their niche in terms of the game and gameplay and are just sticking to it to keep their core fan base. So frustrating, so square and robotic and clumsy year after year.

PES is about 900x better this year in terms of gameplay. That post is truly spoken like a man that's not played PES in about 6 years.

^^and that post above with the funny picture just about sums up hardcore Fifa fans. Care more about pointless add-ons than the actual gameplay. No wonder EA get away with releasing the same game reskinned every year if all the fanbase wants from the game is some shite non-entity like Kyle Walker's face to be scanned in.

That's not it though is it. If PES gameplay was better 90 percent would play it. It's not though, it's clumsy, square and just weird looking. It genuinely looks like robots are playing. I've played it plenty, I've bought a few of them over the last few years after getting bored of Fifa and it's swiftly punted.

Might no get any this year tbh. For the first time. The Fifa story mode might just tempt me.

Nobody cares about the old ones, the last two I had were 11 and 13 and both pish. This year it's lightyears ahead in gameplay this year. Lightyears. You might've noticed if you actually bought the game. You clearly didn't, and are wrapping your gums about absolute pish. One glance at the respective reviews for each will tell you all you need to know.

I'll probably end up buying both. Fifa for online play with mates, PES for the better gameplay for offline playing.

I played last years? Never knew this years was out.

Fan boys are the worst, settle down bud. Fucking hell.

I never said you didn't play it. I said you never owned it. You played one game at your mates house and decided it was shite cos Kyle Walker's face wasn't scanned into the game and you couldn't work out who North London Whites were supposed to be.

I've had 4 PES(2016 the first in 4 years) games in my life compared with about 15 Fifa games champ. Definite fanboy eh? :1eye

You do know that it's a computer game about football and not a new girlfriend don't you mate? Because you are talking about it like its a new lover.

Almost every FIFA player on here I imagine yearns for the days of PES6 etc. PES was the best football platform ever.

My opinion is that its not anymore, FIFA is. That is just an opinion. Your version of dishing out "telts" marks you out as an utter fanboy.

Bloody Hell...

I bought PES 2016, thought it was ok, but even for offline play it's just Pish. Hardly any teams (in Europe anyway) I couldn't give a flying monkey about the Asian Champions League or the Copa Libatadores. Hardly any stadiums as well which is just laughable considering what the next gen is capable of. It's just plain lazy. Why have stadium editors in previous versions but not in newer, more up to date versions? Granted the edit mode was pretty decent and I was able to get Bundesliga kits etc...but I'm 29 now not fecking 13. I can't be arsed loading things onto a USB..plus there's only so many spaces for teams to create. Why don't they make it so you can make as many teams as you like? 

Development is is just too damn lazy. They need to maybe consider not bringing 2018 out and give it 2 years to develop the next one. Granted these developers are under pressure to get games out for when the season starts but you have to admit some of it is just lazy.

Obviously there's licensing things to get round of sometimes, but FIFA has fake stadiums (a lot of them) why can't PES just add an extra 10/15 fake stadiums to actually enhance the playability of master league and tournaments etc?

i might buy PES again this year, but I'll get FIFA as well if I can afford it. 

Ive always been a FIFA guy, but PES was really good last year I thought.

This year, rather than just the editor, option files are back (on PS4 anyway), of which one such will include the SPFL. I will buy this.

FIFA has a new engine this year, doesn't it? That might help as the old one was a little bit tired. Will give the demo a bash but I am prepared for disappointment.

6 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

I bought both, and play neither.

Think that sums it up. Neither of them is a good game really, I just feel obliged to buy one as I'm a football fan. The competition between the two actually does nobody any favours; look at FIFA not getting the Nou Camp this season, whilst PES as usual will have a whole host of missing content because of exclusivity agreements. PES was definitely a better game to play last year but I've hardly played either for months.

I like baseball and compare it to MLB The Show 16; now that's a proper sports game. I'm on it nearly every day; sometimes for half an hour, others for a couple. A ton of brilliant modes, accurate teams, players, stadia, fantastic commentary and presentation. It's on a different planet to FIFA/PES and it's what we should be getting for our money.

I like baseball and compare it to MLB The Show 16; now that's a proper sports game. I'm on it nearly every day; sometimes for half an hour, others for a couple. A ton of brilliant modes, accurate teams, players, stadia, fantastic commentary and presentation. It's on a different planet to FIFA/PES and it's what we should be getting for our money.

You got my hopes up as I had an MLB game for the 360 which was brilliant but I see this is PS4 exclusive.

I never said you didn't play it. I said you never owned it. You played one game at your mates house and decided it was shite cos Kyle Walker's face wasn't scanned into the game and you couldn't work out who North London Whites were supposed to be.

I've had 4 PES(2016 the first in 4 years) games in my life compared with about 15 Fifa games champ. Definite fanboy eh? :1eye

I never said anything about Kyle walkers face. I've said why the game play IMO is utter pish. And I never played it at my mates either, I've got the demo on my own Xbox that I played for a good while again this year trying my very best to like it as much as I liked the old ones. It's a yearly ritual. PES is utter pish. Once again I'll give it a go this year no doubt.

Is there anything sadder in this modern world than someone who'll get really worked up about what someone else thinks about a game you like?  Granted the boy's not gotten to the death threat stage that some zoomers go to, but still.

I bought 16, it was shite.  I played the PES demo.  It was shite.  Neither game seems particularly worth buying until they sort out their problems.

KYLE WALKER'S FACE.

On 8/4/2016 at 19:12, Wardy said:

I bought PES 2016, thought it was ok, but even for offline play it's just Pish. Hardly any teams (in Europe anyway) I couldn't give a flying monkey about the Asian Champions League or the Copa Libatadores. Hardly any stadiums as well which is just laughable considering what the next gen is capable of. It's just plain lazy. Why have stadium editors in previous versions but not in newer, more up to date versions? Granted the edit mode was pretty decent and I was able to get Bundesliga kits etc...but I'm 29 now not fecking 13. I can't be arsed loading things onto a USB..plus there's only so many spaces for teams to create. Why don't they make it so you can make as many teams as you like? 

Obviously there's licensing things to get round of sometimes, but FIFA has fake stadiums (a lot of them) why can't PES just add an extra 10/15 fake stadiums to actually enhance the playability of master league and tournaments etc?

This. Not bought PES in years due to the fact the last time I did there was like 10 stadiums and Motherwell played at Wembley. Also I couldn't take a penalty properly it was some weird new control thing bamboozled my brain and I've pretty much not been the same person since. 

Archived