FIFA 17

ajwffc

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably about 80k, not too sure TBH. Some teams were incredibly frustrating (Cardiff and Villa off the top of my head) in terms of having to pay 2k for a shitey 64 left back , but others like Newcastle and Leeds were surprisingly cheap

Best thing about the SBC is the random shite bronze players are now sellable, I'm making a fortune off them

Another positive for the SBC is that, while spending coins on shitey players, after the McCormack one I had 59 contracts and 33 individual fitness items in my club. 9 squad fitness boosts as well. Means I can play for a long time and any coins earned from games can go towards better/new players. 

After getting McCormack, my squad now looks like this

penny.jpg.a31535a126514f1d3a5ab13ce42ff886.jpg

Martin and Hanley are actually really good together, and when either is suspended (far too often as I love a slide tackle) Mbemba from Newcastle can come in and tends to be very solid. Cairney has only played a couple of games at LM and can be swapped with Russell who has perfect chemistry with Bent.

Bench/Reserves is currently 

penny.jpg.b92217ef5f43c3e3219a37d79c22ee8a.jpg

Griffiths and Sinclair make a good forward pair, or excellent impact subs. Bought Knockaert as an 86 rated championship player but he's not really great being the only Frenchman. Wallace is quicker than Considine but not as good defensively.

After getting McCormack, my squad now looks like this
penny.jpg.a31535a126514f1d3a5ab13ce42ff886.jpg
Martin and Hanley are actually really good together, and when either is suspended (far too often as I love a slide tackle) Mbemba from Newcastle can come in and tends to be very solid. Cairney has only played a couple of games at LM and can be swapped with Russell who has perfect chemistry with Bent.
Bench/Reserves is currently 
penny.jpg.b92217ef5f43c3e3219a37d79c22ee8a.jpg
Griffiths and Sinclair make a good forward pair, or excellent impact subs. Bought Knockaert as an 86 rated championship player but he's not really great being the only Frenchman. Wallace is quicker than Considine but not as good defensively.

Tempted to go for a similar squad to this also as an extra squad. How much did the McCormack SBC cost over all? Seen Cairney got into team of the season so he'd be a great addition in a few weeks.

11 minutes ago, Moo said:

Tempted to go for a similar squad to this also as an extra squad. How much did the McCormack SBC cost over all? Seen Cairney got into team of the season so he'd be a great addition in a few weeks.

I've just sacked my Bundesliga squad (IF Kalou, Plattenhardt, Kimmich with regular Coman/Thiago, decent overall squad but was getting nowhere, so now I feel like I've really earned any victory.

McCormack was probably about 80k , not too sure as I sold half my German team while I did it. Bonus is I won't be buying contracts for quite a while. He's pretty good, Bent is a Chicharito style player, get him on his right foot anywhere within about 25 yards and he can curl one in. Agbonlahor is rapid, and Sinclair/Griffiths can tear defences a new one, especially coming into extra time. 

Cairney TOTS will be a definite purchase for me, although as good as he is on his left foot he can't shoot for shit with his right

Shitfested my way to a 2-1 win against someone whose squad was called "Ket Legged XI" and had a Scotland badge, anyone on here?

Then came up against someone with Carrasco, Benzema, Oblak, Pepe, Varane and an all round good La Liga team. Won 4-2 with Benzema being completely shackled by Grant Hanley. Saved a penalty as well. 

Managed another 4-2 win to get to the final of the WL qualifier, then came up against this.. What fucking hope have you got when there's folk out there with teams like this. 

c9d8dfa9b228e426f8f66987de58e1fa.jpg

Just to be sure he'd boosted Ronaldo and De Gea. 

4-0 down and 10 men at half time, he messages me and says "I like your Scottish team but please leave"

So I stayed and lost 5-0

3-1 up against a guy, ten minutes left, and he's now just constantly pausing the match before he kicks off. Absolutely brutal tactic

3-1 up against a guy, ten minutes left, and he's now just constantly pausing the match before he kicks off. Absolutely brutal tactic

Assume you only get so many pauses as it eventually stopped

So getting promotion to Division 1 gets you a pass for the weekend league? I never knew that. [emoji106]????

You get a pass for every season you stay there too. What I tend to do is play the majority of games early in the week and then on the Thursday play the one or two I need to stay in the division and then you get your reward on the Friday when the weekend league starts.

Going to have a go at getting to Division one over the weekend. Although I think I got relegated to D5 last time I played seasons so it may take a while 

I'm up to four, this is when I start showing too much respect to folk, start over playing and end up narrowly losing virtually every game.

Had a cracker last night though, guy was far better than me but I managed to win a penalty when he rashly fouled me after a corner. Scored and spent the remaining 60 minutes completely shitfesting my way to a 1-0 win.

Glorious.

A few days ago I sold all my team and got Messi after noticing I had enough coins. Had enough left over for a decent La liga team around him, even a couple IFs. 

I played absolutely shite with him, 8 games 0 goals 0 assists. Genuinely couldn't believe it. I played pretty poorly with the whole team, it just didn't feel right. Tried a few formations and couldn't get it to work. 

Sold the whole team and switched to a EPL team, right back on form. The games so fucked up sometimes. I'll post my new team later, feel quite good with it. Quite gutted at the hit on coins I took from Messi tbh :lol:

I spent a fortune a few weeks ago on 87 Mane and I thought he was awful. Same goes for the SBC 92 rated Lewandowski. Funny how some players just don't feel right despite them being the best attribute wise.

I've gone back to building cheap teams in the Divisions (still use my main team for Weekend). I've enjoyed setting myself little challenges like picking a random league and building a side or making a team under 10k and using that. The game becomes a bit stale at this time of year, especially if you have played it all the way through.

Archived