Only coo in the village

Cowdenbeath FC. Season 2016/17

4,142 posts in this topic

Well done to the volunteers who were the stadium today.

Don't know why our current thread hasn't been moved down. Here is a brand new one for all things Cowden to be discussed.

Because you haven't asked for it to be moved, go to the Official Announcements Forum and ask for it to be moved on the GTF day thread and they'll shift it!!! Edited by King Kebab

Because you haven't asked for it to be moved, go to the Official Announcements Forum and ask for it to be moved on the GTF day thread and they'll shift it!!!

I can't be arsed. It was always done automatically prior to this recent monumental funk up.

When is the challenge cup draw?

How come?

Because only bottom 8 clubs in last year's League 2 are in 1st round draw.

Broadly speaking you have

Rd1 - Lowland League, Highland League,League 2, Premier Under-20s

Rd 2 - League 1 joins in

Rd 3 - Championship joins in

Rd 4 - Northern Irish and Welsh clubs join in (Bala Town, the New Saints, Linfield, Crusaders I believe)

Because only bottom 8 clubs in last year's League 2 are in 1st round draw.

Broadly speaking you have

Rd1 - Lowland League, Highland League,League 2, Premier Under-20s

Rd 2 - League 1 joins in

Rd 3 - Championship joins in

Rd 4 - Northern Irish and Welsh clubs join in (Bala Town, the New Saints, Linfield, Crusaders I believe)

So not complicated then?

If we are drawn away to a premier U-20 team, would it be played at their ground? Or, are there any rules about them having to play their matches away? I bet we are drawn against Dundee Utd.

Assuming of course that we make it past round 2.

Edited by PELE

If we are drawn away to a premier U-20 team, would it be played at their ground? Or, are there any rules about them having to play their matches away? I bet we are drawn against Dundee Utd.

Played at their ground - they can be drawn home or away.

Played at their ground - they can be drawn home or away.

It will be interesting to see what sort of support a premier U-20 team gets home or away.

Hardly rocket science

Not elaborate for a Mickey mouse competition at all

If we were to make it to rd 4 and drawn away to welsh or irish. How much does the Sfa subsidise??...or is their simply an allowance.. Could be costly for a club like us..

In regards to the team. Any signing news upcoming..?

If we were to make it to rd 4 and drawn away to welsh or irish. How much does the Sfa subsidise??...or is their simply an allowance.. Could be costly for a club like us..

I read £4K somewhere, not sure how true it is.

This will be our 1st season in league 2 then.

Not long until the first games start. Anyone know who has been retained? Or any other signing news.

We can draw an under 20 side in round 2.

It will be interesting to see what sort of support a premier U-20 team gets home or away.

Away from home I would imagine it would be the usual just the players parents. At home depend who it is I suppose I know someone who watches Hibs under 20 games at Ainslie Park and I think they get around 150.

The Old Firm would no doubt attract local fans we had around 400 when we played Rangers in the reserve league a few years back and 300 odd against Celtic in the Youth Cup back in 2003.

As mentioned by the Arbroath fan you get £4k for travelling cross border  someone should stick a claim in if they get Berwick away.