The East Stirlingshire Thread

craigiemack

The problem is the way we are picking up booking they are going to have to play at some point and none of them will be anywhere near match fit. As for Brisbane he really could be something special if he just believed in himself.

Pointless bookings too.
Brisbane has plenty of talent and maybe a good man manager could get the best out of him. Not sure getting a bawling from the captain every time someone makes a mistake benefits everyone. There was plenty of that last night.

1 minute ago, cfor56 said:

Pointless bookings too.
Brisbane has plenty of talent and maybe a good man manager could get the best out of him. Not sure getting a bawling from the captain every time someone makes a mistake benefits everyone. There was plenty of that last night.

In fairness when he was having a go at Liam Allison it was for the amount of times he was offside. Basic stuff. They were constantly getting caught.

Pointless bookings too.

Personally if every Shire player had the same commitment as the captain we certainly wouldn’t be anywhere near the LL

But only one of the shires was deserved!

Cool, thought I was watching a different game. Good to confirm the ref was indeed happy to book players from both teams. 

IMO, Del (a yellow he knew he was taking for stopping a break) and Andy (going head to head with the Colts player who also deserved his yellow for the same thing) were both warranted. One of the yellows for each side was soft, so pretty even. I actually thought the ref was decent.

Del was also a bit fortunate he was a decent ref when he had a wee tug at the jersey at the end of the first half (when the striker nicked beyond him). Not a second yellow for me but there are plenty of Refs in this league who having given the foul (which he did) would produce the card and claim letter of the law. I'm all for refs showing common sense, even if it is unusual!

Overall, Colts better side for about the first 35 minutes, should have been at least 2 up having scored one and missed a 100% had to be goal chance (free header from 4 yards). Arguably could have been 3 as the 1v1 lob was also a good chance. Shire had only just a few efforts from distance at that stage. Last 10 minutes of the half though Shire got on top and following a warning where Andy hit the post they equalised in injury time through a tidy finish from the same player, the Colts a bit naive as it came from a breakaway from their free kick delivery into the box when they should have just seen the half out.

First 20 or so of second half pretty even, both sides had decent opportunities without really threatening, then last 25 or so Shire the better side, certainly looked the hungrier for the win.

Overall, the difference between the sides on the day IMO was Andy Rodgers quality /experience. Two good finishes, second one excellent (though poorly defended on edge of box) and an assist. Had he not been in the Shire team today it would likely have been a different result. Certainly had Colts had someone of his quality up top they would likely have been out of sight in that first half hour.

I think Jamie Barclay’s save in the first half was the turning point, if that goes in its game over and if Del was lucky colts number 7 won the lottery as he kicked at least 3 shire players off the ball.

Yep, agree on the save. As well as the keeper did, he shouldn't have been given the chance to get anywhere near it. Anywhere but where it went it's a goal.

Don't disagree Stephen hat a couple of niggles that I saw, but in the Refs defence Andy had one on him right in front of the dugout and Kyle (I think, may not have been him) hat another not long after.

Didn't think any of them on either side warranted any attention personally, other than the one the two of them got booked for going head to head.

Given the game (there wasn't really a bad challenge other than Dels, which was only stopping a break and no more than a booking). Nothing to warrant either team finishing with less than full compliment anyway I don't think. Ref never really had any impact on outcome. That was mainly poor finishing from Colts in the first 35 they were in control then a bit of class from Andy when he got his opportunities. That's what seperated the teams I think.

• 3 weeks later...

Sums it up. When club's need their fans the most to come and support them and give money to help the club that they are supposed to love and want to survive...then they stop turning up, supporting the club and giving the club the £s to help the club survive and flourish... then moan that their club is going under, well to be honest I have no time for them.

So called suppprters who dont support their team when the club needs them most have lost, in my view, the right to have any say in the fortunes of the club. The have chosen by their own actions to cease to be supporters.

So sad as in the case of the Shire we need the support of the fans now and every fan who gives up it putting a nail into the coffin of the club we love.

Absolutely no idea what to expect going into the game against Selkirk this Saturday. Given our performance last week I would probably foresee an Borders bodying being handed out; however, our away isn't actually that bad this season (certainly much better than at Ochilview) so who knows.

The preview on the Lowland League website namechecks Kelbie as one of our key players...

Absolutely no idea what to expect going into the game against Selkirk this Saturday. Given our performance last week I would probably foresee an Borders bodying being handed out; however, our away isn't actually that bad this season (certainly much better than at Ochilview) so who knows.
The preview on the Lowland League website namechecks Kelbie as one of our key players...

He haven't won at home in the league. It's shocking.