The East Stirlingshire Thread

craigiemack

I may have missed this earlier in the thread but have Shire fans enjoyed their first lowland league season? New grounds, new league,new rival fans etc etc or has it been shite?

Lowland league has been very refreshing, for me Saturday's have became enjoyable again, looking forward to next season which if we had been promoted wouldn't have been the case.

• 2 weeks later...

Hope to shire get back up to big league soon.I was an ever present to the games home and away when I was younger aged abou 12 till i was 16 or 17 started watching about 1980 when the likes of Dave mccaig Kenny ashwood and Charlie Kelly were playing.good set of fans there at that time big Ian bell.ginger gary .tadek.and few others that can't remind names of.good luck for next season

Trying to organise a night out in Hawick next month and thought this place would be best to ask since you seemed to travel down in big numbers for an evening game recently. Are there many decent pubs or is it worth just going to Gala where I've been out before? Looking for something a bit different. Also glad to see you enjoying the season past and hope to see you back up in League 2 soon.

Edited by afca32

20 hours ago, afca32 said:

Trying to organise a night out in Hawick next month and thought this place would be best to ask since you seemed to travel down in big numbers for an evening game recently. Are there many decent pubs or is it worth just going to Gala where I've been out before? Looking for something a bit different. Also glad to see you enjoying the season past and hope to see you back up in League 2 soon.

aye id defo recommend staying in hawick. only 4 pubs that I can mind but all good and friendly. we stayed over and partied till they shut. good place to go plus B&B's in town centre are decent.

11 minutes ago, wellibob said:

aye id defo recommend staying in hawick. only 4 pubs that I can mind but all good and friendly. we stayed over and partied till they shut. good place to go plus B&B's in town centre are decent.

Good stuff cheers.

Lewis Peddie and Simon White have signed for next season. Happy with that, was worried they might move on due to lack of playing time.

I would like to see us fielding a reserve side next year in order for our fringe players to keep match fit

Hawick Common riding is on from the 8th to the 10th of June. I think it's just a massive piss up and everybody's work closes early. It celebrates protecting the town and chasing English soldiers away 700 years ago or something along those lines

19 hours ago, holme said:

Lewis Peddie and Simon White have signed for next season. Happy with that, was worried they might move on due to lack of playing time.

I would like to see us fielding a reserve side next year in order for our fringe players to keep match fit

This would be a great development, I suppose the issue is where they would play? It wouldn't make much financial sense to rent out Ochilview for mid-week game

Couple of LL clubs have Amateur teams - plus Stirling Uni have their EOS XI for reasons dating back to LL formation - but most run U20s in LL & EOS U20 Development League. It's played on Friday nights with over-age players allowed and doesn't need any re-registering. Edinburgh City kept their U20s in it despite promotion. 'Shire scrapped theirs on relegation IIRC?

7 minutes ago, craigiemack said:

Apparently we're signing Colin Leiper from Lithgae Rose and a Gemmell from Bo'ness but I've never heard of him

Any time I have seen Leiper he has been very good. Gemmell is a useful player as well.

1 hour ago, craigiemack said:

Apparently we're signing Colin Leiper from Lithgae Rose and a Gemmell from Bo'ness but I've never heard of him

Gemmell has just won POTY at Bo'ness,good player who gives it his all.