The East Stirlingshire Thread

craigiemack

Yea-they definitely haven’t beat EK, BSC or East Stirling all season. Should be a cracking game given east Stirling’s unbeaten run in the league 
It's a shame that we're not in with a chance of the title tomorrow but it'll be a great game regardless. I'm hoping that we'll continue this into the LLC and finally lift a trophy!

Yous done your bit today lads. Shame we couldnt do the same.

On today’s evidence I don’t think Cove or Cowdenbeath will be too worried having to face Spartans. Also not sure if we will have enough player for next week with injury and suspension.

On ‎11‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 22:29, selfassemblyshire said:

I can't wait to cost Spartans the title on Saturday.

On ‎11‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 22:55, selfassemblyshire said:

Since Lauchlan left EK I have absolutely no beef with them now other than the fact that they're a main rival.

The Spartans twitter guy alone would make anybody feel this way.

Makes cheeky comments and thinks he's hilarious when he's about as funny as a boot in the baws!

Not to mention the years they tried to get us out of the SPFL.

Ooooh the post match pint in the cafeteria might be the best one yet!

On ‎11‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 23:41, MAC THE KNIFE said:

92 MINUTES SPARTANS ARE 1 - 0 UP  FROM A PENALTY GAINED BY DISHINGTON DIVING . THEY ARE LUMPING THE BALL DEAD EVERY KICK.  95th MINUTE & RAMSAY PUTS IN a HARMLESS CROSS. CARSWELL DROPS IT & ANDY RODGERS EQUALISES . LIKE THE OCHILVIEW GAME SPARTANS KEEP 10 MEN IN THEIR OWN BOX FOR THE KICK OFF & TURN THE BALL OVER . A SHIRE PLAYER IS IMPEDED IN THE BOX IN THE PENALTY  BOX & SHIRE ARE GIVEN a PENALTY in the 97th MINUTE .  THREE SPARTANS PLAYERS & THE SPARTANS MANAGER ARE RED CARDED FOR " ILLEGAL USE OF THE MOUTH " TO THE REF . RODGERS TAKES IT & SCORES . SHIRE WIN & SINCE KILBIE HAD ALREADY WON THEIR MATCH  SPARTANS LOSE THE TITLE !

WOULD  THAT NOT BE A WONDERFUL END TO SATURDAYS MATCH ?

Echoes of

BdsVUtZIIAA9Soa.jpg

On today’s evidence I don’t think Cove or Cowdenbeath will be too worried having to face Spartans. Also not sure if we will have enough player for next week with injury and suspension.

Suspensions don’t count for league cup.

I was thinking about the worries of league two strugglers that entering the Lowland league would result in the demise of their club. It made me curious about how East Stirlingshire are getting on.

How are East Stirlingshire fans finding the Lowland League?

Are you enjoying being one of the better teams in the league rather than struggling at the bottom of league two?

How do the home support/season ticket numbers compare to when you were in league two?

Have your club been able to adjust their finances to make your future secure?

10 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

I was thinking about the worries of league two strugglers that entering the Lowland league would result in the demise of their club. It made me curious about how East Stirlingshire are getting on.

How are East Stirlingshire fans finding the Lowland League?

Are you enjoying being one of the better teams in the league rather than struggling at the bottom of league two?

How do the home support/season ticket numbers compare to when you were in league two?

Have your club been able to adjust their finances to make your future secure?

Was actually just wondering when the parachute payment from the league run out, is it two years after relegation that clubs get them, would think TheShire must have now reached that point.

I think suspensions do count, it’s a SLFL competition?

League cup has its own suspension criteria and caution count.
I believe only time a suspension would carry across is if it’s a violent conduct straight red card otherwise suspensions stay in the competition they are gained in.

Big shout to ES for their efforts at Spartans yesterday.  It's to your credit that with nothing to play for you still put up a tremendous fight.  I can only see the LL getting stronger and with the prices and the format of one home / one away game each season I hope that in time (if you don't already) you'll see it as being a better place to be than the monotony and drudgery of League 2. 

6 hours ago, peternapper said:

Was actually just wondering when the parachute payment from the league run out, is it two years after relegation that clubs get them, would think TheShire must have now reached that point.

Correct - it was over two years for Shire, I think it's now been amended to just one year should Cowden drop however.

I can't answer the other points as well as the ES regulars, but the away support at BSC and home ones at the games I went to this season were certainly healthy enough. The slow start killed them in the end, can't afford to drop so many points early in a 30 game season.