The East Stirlingshire Thread

craigiemack

Its where they should have moved instead of Ochilview in the first place, so what happens to Stirling Uni? 

1 hour ago, HibeeJibee said:

Falkirk announce 'Shire moving to Falkirk Stadium for 2018-19:

http://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/falkirk-fc-east-stirlingshire-announce-joint-partnership/

It is the best news we have had for a long time in respect of taking the club forward again. After all the recent downbeat stuff off the park about club survival this will give the club the chance to grow again. An essential move given all the expected changes which are about to unfold in the next season or two re the Scottish Non-league structure.

I can't believe we are now nearly at the end of our 9th season at Ochilview. I for one have grown old in that time ! Sadly a number of Shire fans never made the move with the club when we left Falkirk. Just hope that some of the fans who stayed with us for a good time of our time at Stenhousemuir but in the last 2 seasons drifted away may now return to support us at a time when we need it most.

I will miss my regular trips to the Station Bar but it is time to move back to now far from our old grounds at Firs. I do have some really fond memories of Shire's time at Ochilview and Stenhousemuir did make us welcome.

31 minutes ago, Dead said:

It is the best news we have had for a long time in respect of taking the club forward again. After all the recent downbeat stuff off the park about club survival this will give the club the chance to grow again. An essential move given all the expected changes which are about to unfold in the next season or two re the Scottish Non-league structure.

I can't believe we are now nearly at the end of our 9th season at Ochilview. I for one have grown old in that time ! Sadly a number of Shire fans never made the move with the club when we left Falkirk. Just hope that some of the fans who stayed with us for a good time of our time at Stenhousemuir but in the last 2 seasons drifted away may now return to support us at a time when we need it most.

I will miss my regular trips to the Station Bar but it is time to move back to now far from our old grounds at Firs. I do have some really fond memories of Shire's time at Ochilview and Stenhousemuir did make us welcome.

At least your now back in the town which should be a good thing. 

Unfortunately wasn't able to make it to the game today, but a decent result from what I've heard. Coming from behind twice, especially after conceding the second so late, shows a great character from the lads. Great for Del to get a goal on his 400th appearance for the club. And if it puts a dent in Spartans title chances, well... 

He actually had his 400th appearance ages ago.! Spartans 2ND goal yesterday came from a free kick . Ref did his spray painting routine & moved into centrefield. Spartans player then moved the ball off the Mark thus compromising the wall & promptly scored from a direct shot. like Wigan Rugby League club always cheating !

On 30/03/2018 at 12:45, HibeeJibee said:

Falkirk announce 'Shire moving to Falkirk Stadium for 2018-19:

http://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/falkirk-fc-east-stirlingshire-announce-joint-partnership/

Phrased as a joint partnership makes me wonder if there could be some sort of link up with Falkirk youths since they scrapped their youth system.

This will be our 210th and final home game in all games at Ochilview Park today v Whitehill Welfare.

10 seasons gone like a flash since we departed the much loved Firs Park. 

I will get round to doing the number crunching of the stats over the next few days and will probably put up the details on the club's website.

One thing of interest is that Andy Rodgers scored our winning goal against Ayr United in the Challlenge Cup in our 1st home game at Ochilview on 27/7/2008 and hopefully Andy can round it all off with a winning goal in our last game today.