The East Stirlingshire Thread

craigiemack

I'm sure I made that point on here a few months back.  Maybe a good business model for someone but adds nothing to the league.

A French team playing in Annan, a Glasgow team playing in Alloa,a Stirling team playing in Falkirk and a Falkirk team playing in Stenhousemuir? Team like Kelty and the others that will follow are the only way the lowland league can become a credible league.

1 minute ago, luggy said:

A French team playing in Annan, a Glasgow team playing in Alloa,a Stirling team playing in Falkirk and a Falkirk team playing in Stenhousemuir? Team like Kelty and the others that will follow are the only way the lowland league can become a credible league.

When you put it that way it is really mad:lol:

Credit to Edusport for working the system to their advantage but....there is no way they should be playing in the LL if this whole pyramid thing was implemented correctly from the off.

People have reservations about the Uni teams and sides like BSC Glasgow and Cumbernauld Colts but at least there is a potential for some fanbase/support depending on the game.

Edusport have zero fans and the potential for zero fans which makes you question how long this project can last for financially without any income streams other than middle class french parents! 

1 hour ago, luggy said:

I don’t think distance is the overriding factor in all of this, sure in an ideal World teams would play closer to home. However, the most important thing in my opinion is financial prudence, and if that means ground-shares, then that is the way to keep  football alive. Scottish football is not exactly awash with money, so if teams can remain competitive by ground-sharing then I am all for it.

3 hours ago, luggy said:

There's Welsh teams playing in the English pyramid. Vaduz play in Switzerland, I'm sure there are other examples   :whistle

Just saying likes but I do get yer point :thumsup2

Edited by newcastle broon

I can remember ekfc also taking a pounding and so much criticism in the first season of the lowland league mostly from the established sides and their fans but they have done pretty well since then, whether people like it or not Edu sport are in the lowland league so give them a chance and lets move on

53 minutes ago, bpek said:

I can remember ekfc also taking a pounding and so much criticism in the first season of the lowland league mostly from the established sides and their fans but they have done pretty well since then, whether people like it or not Edu sport are in the lowland league so give them a chance and lets move on

To be fair EK were always going to have someone watching them only folk I would think watch Edusport are the odd Annan fan who dosn't do away games,

58 minutes ago, bpek said:

But East kilbrides crowd wasn't great that first season but winning the challenge cup really helped but i know what your saying

East kilbride represent an area, have their own ground and the club has hundreds of members.

Edusport has absolutely nothing. 

On 20/11/2017 at 18:20, newcastle broon said:

There's Welsh teams playing in the English pyramid. Vaduz play in Switzerland, I'm sure there are other examples   :whistle

Don't forget 'English' Berwick Rangers , playing in SPFL, plus Tweedmouth now playing in the Scottish pyramid - unless of course someone has moved the boundary.

Also Monaco and  Derry City ? 

16 hours ago, Robert James said:

Don't forget 'English' Berwick Rangers , playing in SPFL, plus Tweedmouth now playing in the Scottish pyramid - unless of course someone has moved the boundary.

Also Monaco and  Derry City ? 

Toronto fc vancouver white caps Montreal impact play in us league. Wellington phoenix play in Australia. Australia play in Asia confederation 

Without necessarily agreeing with it, I think the point being made was somewhat different to the tangent that's been gone down - these examples being listed play in their home locations, but participate in adjacent leagues/confederations. Australia don't play their home games in Singapore; Berwick in Dunbar; Cardiff City in Bristol; and so on.

On ‎20‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 18:20, newcastle broon said:

When I stayed out in Oz in 2009/10, I watched a bit of the A League.  Wellington Phoenix were in it.

Without necessarily agreeing with it, I think the point being made was somewhat different to the tangent that's been gone down - these examples being listed play in their home locations, but participate in adjacent leagues/confederations. Australia don't play their home games in Singapore; Berwick in Dunbar; Cardiff City in Bristol; and so on.

Yep. A better comparison for the BSC>Alloa, Stirling>Falkirk argument might be, for example, Clyde playing in Cumbernauld, which no one bat's an eyelid about (quite rightly as location is largely irrelevant to the merits or otherwise of any club really, I don't buy that argument either).

Weather update - East Stirlingshire and Civil Service Strollers are in communication with regards to tomorrow’s Scottish Lowland league match. Both clubs want to give the match every opportunity to go ahead and have agreed to monitor the conditions overnight with an inspection likely early tomorrow hopefully around 10.30am. Updates when we have information via @TheShireFC on twitter.