The East Stirlingshire Thread

craigiemack

1 hour ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Yes but you areally making out that the problem is the stadium

No I'm not.

As mentioned more than once in this thread, I said that the LL teams didn't want them to move to the Falkrik Stadium, I never mentioned anything about the problem being the actual stadium.

On 14/11/2017 at 16:55, drs said:

Shire have 6 options -

Ochilview

Camelon  - is it acceptable for LL football and would require work if they got promoted and the pitch sucks.

Dunipace - is it acceptable for LL football and would require work if they got promoted and the pitch sucks. However they have submitted plans to upgrade the stadium.

Falkirk Stadium - seems LL clubs don't want it. 

Grangemouth - see Camelon and Dunipace, plus it has a running track round it and Athletic meets take priority.

Firs Park - wouldn't and shouldn't give Mackin a penny.

The problem is they appear to currently be at their best option unless a sugar daddy comes in and offers to fund ground improvements.

"Sugar Daddy" ?

The club should approach Sir Alex, who started his mega managerial career at Shire, and is probably bored in retirement !

On Thursday, November 16, 2017 at 18:39, drs said:

No I'm not.

As mentioned more than once in this thread, I said that the LL teams didn't want them to move to the Falkrik Stadium, I never mentioned anything about the problem being the actual stadium.

Which LL sides are against this,can you name them to back it up,it's news to me :wacko:

1 hour ago, newcastle broon said:

Which LL sides are against this,can you name them to back it up,it's news to me :wacko:

Read the thread - its Luggy who brought it up.

Aye but you're pursuing it, can you or Luggy back this up or not? 

Not sure what anyone has to back up.
The Lowland league board took a proposal to the clubs on behalf of ESFC and the clubs voted against it. End of. Those clubs who voted against all I am sure had their own reasons or motives not back a fellow club trying to progress or improve its current position.

11 minutes ago, zoom said:

Not sure what anyone has to back up.
The Lowland league board took a proposal to the clubs on behalf of ESFC and the clubs voted against it. End of. Those clubs who voted against all I am sure had their own reasons or motives not back a fellow club trying to progress or improve its current position.

That's news to me bud, interesting to know the teams though. 

3 hours ago, Sunrise said:

Nae programme at ES v Edusport the day emoji29.png - yes, I’m aware there are bigger things to deal with, but by god I love a proggie...

About as much proggies as Edusport fans:lol: Got told it was due to illness in the editors family so fair doos good issue as well.

About as much proggies as Edusport fans:lol: Got told it was due to illness in the editors family so fair doos good issue as well.

Must admit I can never remember an away team scoring and absolute silence from the stand like happened today. What is the point of a team with zero fans?

8 hours ago, luggy said:

Must admit I can never remember an away team scoring and absolute silence from the stand like happened today. What is the point of a team with zero fans?

I've said  it before when other teams in league were slated for having no support,  as long as teams can sustain it financially then there isn't  a problem. Who knows maybe longer term there might be for teams and not just Edusport  but it seems the LL is getting stronger by the season anyway despite so called poor attendances....... 

At the end of the day as frustrated as you guys are it's not shit crowds that have put you where you are today unfortunately.....  

Edited by newcastle broon

I've said  it before when other teams in league were slated for having no support,  as long as teams can sustain it financially then there isn't  a problem. Who knows maybe longer term there might be for teams and not just Edusport  but it seems the LL is getting stronger by the season anyway despite so called poor attendances....... 
At the end of the day as frustrated as you guys are it's not shit crowds that have put you where you are today unfortunately.....  

Nothing to do with frustration it was a simple fact that I have never been in a ground before where a team scored and nobody in the crowd reacted.
When you say the league is getting stronger I have to disagree The lowland league is at best more competitive the standard has definitely dropped.

3 hours ago, luggy said:

Nothing to do with frustration it was a simple fact that I have never been in a ground before where a team scored and nobody in the crowd reacted.
When you say the league is getting stronger I have to disagree The lowland league is at best more competitive the standard has definitely dropped.

Must've been a bit odd right enough for that to have happened :lol:

We just got pumped 5-1 by Kelty on Saturday mate,  albeit a kick around, won't be long before they're up there challenging the 3 teams that are up there just now  as well as yourselves and others. 

I tended to think that competitiveness and standards are both the same? 

What's the difference? 

16 hours ago, luggy said:

I'm sure I made that point on here a few months back.  Maybe a good business model for someone but adds nothing to the league.