The East Stirlingshire Thread

craigiemack

SHOCK / HORROR AT SCORE. ONLY GOT HOME A FEW HOURS AGO AFTER MY BACK SURGERY AT THE WESTERN GENERAL. ON SAT NO MENTION OF ANY HIGHLAND / LOWLAND LEAGUE & ONLY GAVE A LATEST SCORE FOR THE JUNIOR TEAM IN THE SCOTTISH CUP. NO MENTION OF ANY OTHER TIE LET ALONE ANY CUP DRAW.BY BBC TV ( WHAT ELSE DO U EXPECT FROM THE BBC! ) HOW OFTEN WAS SLUDDEN OFFSIDE THIS TIME ?

Sludden was outstanding why would you single him out. It's always the shire fans who are not at the game that have the most to say!

HOWEVER HE IS LAZY AT GETTING BACK AT TIME .  eg ROLICKING DEL GAVE HIM FROM 70 YARDS AWAY DURING THE AWAY MATCH AT VALE OF LEITHEN AFTER HE TWICE MADE NO EFFORT TO GET BACK ON TWO OCCASIONS BY WALKING EVEN SLOWER THAN ME

Del has shouted at every player in our team that's why he's our captain as for sludden best player on the park and a possible goal of the season.

10 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

Hawick game OFF today waterlogged pitch 

I wanted to go. Hawick's a lovely wee town but so is the Borders in general. No matter how your team gets on the Borders is a great day out. It's got a beautiful culture and heritage. As someone once said, 'when you tire of the Scottish Borders you tire of life'. 

Edited by come on shire

I wanted to go. Hawick's a lovely wee town but so is the Borders in general. No matter how your team gets on the Borders is a great day out. It's got a beautiful culture and heritage. As someone once said, 'when you tire of the Scottish Borders you tire of life'. 

Weren't you moaning about Hawick at EK saying 'there's nothing there and they dont have a big shopping centre'?

15 minutes ago, selfassemblyshire said:

Weren't you moaning about Hawick at EK saying 'there's nothing there and they dont have a big shopping centre'?

That's all true. However I was just moaning that I never got to visit the shopping centre in EK. However it was a cracking trip last Saturday overall I guess :)

Five goals put past East Kilbride yet totally unconvincing up front tonight against a well organised Uni team. A famous name in their team too, Maskrey! That's right son of Stevie who was there.
I did like their number 11 apparently a Spanish student called Rafa. He drifted past players effortlessly. We could do with a player like that.

Five goals put past East Kilbride yet totally unconvincing up front tonight against a well organised Uni team. A famous name in their team too, Maskrey! That's right son of Stevie who was there.
I did like their number 11 apparently a Spanish student called Rafa. He drifted past players effortlessly. We could do with a player like that.

We had one last season “Jamie Glasgow”
I thought it was a pretty even game with Shire having more of the ball but the Uni creating better chances especially as the game wore on.
I thought the ref was poor and I also think jamie McCormack was lucky to stay on once the red mist had descended.

7 hours ago, luggy said:

We had one last season “Jamie Glasgow”
I thought it was a pretty even game with Shire having more of the ball but the Uni creating better chances especially as the game wore on.
I thought the ref was poor and I also think jamie McCormack was lucky to stay on once the red mist had descended.

It was good to be at another Shire match disappointed that its another defeat.  Had the chances to win it just wasn't going into the net for Shire. Missing Grant I think anyway and probably Jamie aswell.

It was good to be at another Shire match disappointed that its another defeat.  Had the chances to win it just wasn't going into the net for Shire. Missing Grant I think anyway and probably Jamie aswell.

It would also appear that Sludden doesn’t trust or rate the players on the bench as they only get on once we are in command of a game.

3 minutes ago, luggy said:

It would also appear that Sludden doesn’t trust or rate the players on the bench as they only get on once we are in command of a game.

I think to be honest even at Camelon he only had 12 or 13 players who played the rest made it on maybe.  But is there anything on the bench that was going to change the game. Was Brisbane going to change it? Dunno what the other subs are like? Take it two of them were the young lads that played the other week mckeown and mcloughlan

I think to be honest even at Camelon he only had 12 or 13 players who played the rest made it on maybe.  But is there anything on the bench that was going to change the game. Was Brisbane going to change it? Dunno what the other subs are like? Take it two of them were the young lads that played the other week mckeown and mcloughlan

The problem is the way we are picking up booking they are going to have to play at some point and none of them will be anywhere near match fit. As for Brisbane he really could be something special if he just believed in himself.