The East Stirlingshire Thread

craigiemack

watch the highlights muted, it's the only way to filter out that unbearable w**k which for some reason they insist on keeping with the highlights.

no one gives a shit about the opinions of non Shire fans of course, but surely most Shire fans watch their highlights on mute too.

E2A: good to see Shire looking a bit more co-ordinated and hope they begin to climb the table and challenge for the title. I'd like to see you guys back ASAP.

Edited by Ivo den Bieman

watch the highlights muted, it's the only way to filter out that unbearable w**k which for some reason they insist on keeping with the highlights.
no one gives a shit about the opinions of non Shire fans of course, but surely most Shire fans watch their highlights on mute too.
E2A: good to see Shire looking a bit more co-ordinated and hope they begin to climb the table and challenge for the title. I'd like to see you guys back ASAP.

The music is played to dub out the swearing from the two benches plus this was written as a 1 minute track to be played as the teams come out personally I love it.

I'd much rather hear the swearing! Who honestly is going to be offended if they voluntarily watch football highlights from the lower leagues. Swearing is part and parcel of the game.

Seriously Ivo do you think that a football club promoting videos through their social media and website that are littered with swearing would be acceptable? Football is supposedly a family game.

Most of Lowland league games have looked quite decent on youtube this season and the standard definitely appears to be rising overall, but that Nithsdale Wanderers team are genuinely approaching pub team level at some points in that clip. Not sure it's reasonable to expect people to pay to watch a game like that, but I guess there's probably only a couple of cup games like this each season and most people going know in advance the standard is going to be absolutely chronic, so it won't be a major issue.  Only complaint on the song from me would be that they could mix it up a bit and give Let's Celebrate an occasional airing.

1 hour ago, luggy said:

Seriously Ivo do you think that a football club promoting videos through their social media and website that are littered with swearing would be acceptable? Football is supposedly a family game.

Plenty SPFL sides do, with the vilest foul mouthed abuse audible from individual spectators and in games with smaller crowds, the bench.

In my view it's 2017 and people are much less squeamish about bad language than was the case even twenty years ago. The last time I ever heard t being an issue was when the notorious Tommy Campbell was Montrose manager and every home game featured a red-faced Tourette's-style profanity carousel from the gaffer, prompting complaints from the stand. But that was 1997 or 1998, I forget. I genuinely feel folk don't care so much now and it shouldn't be an issue.

Clearly it's club policy though so I will continue to watch on mute!

Fair play to you for your answers, all the best

I should be back for Saturday's game.  EK are at home and will be targeting winning the league again whilst we're obviously off form in the league atm.  The 2 squad budgets are quite different so it's a massive task if I'm being honest.

However, on the other hand if EK may have an off day we'll defo be in with more than a shout.  Didn't make EK last season so looking forward to a day out at a new ground :) 

Edited by come on shire

I should be back for Saturday's game.  EK are at home and will be targeting winning the league again whilst we're obviously off form in the league atm.  The 2 squad budgets are quite different so it's a massive task if I'm being honest.
However, on the other hand if EK may have an off day we'll defo be in with more than a shout.  Didn't make EK last season so looking forward to a day out at a new ground [emoji4] 

Think it will be a tight game even if we play well to be honest. Not much between the teams i dont think. Hope you enjoy ur first visit to kpark. Just not to much.

Think it will be a tight game even if we play well to be honest. Not much between the teams i dont think. Hope you enjoy ur first visit to kpark. Just not to much.

One thing for sure so far this season we have been too easy to score against but maybe last Saturdays 7 goals will have boosted the confidence so we can at least be competitive.

Thank f@ck i was away watching the old firm!!!! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] fair play. Some result. I did call it at start of week. Didnt see a 5-0 humping right enough. Well played shire. Right back in the mix.

hahahaha don’t worry mate you’ve just summed up the EK support! Good result today, good to see the shire playing well