The East Stirlingshire Thread

craigiemack

8 hours ago, luggy said:

David Grant has chosen social media to continually take a pop at the shire all I'm doing is giving the other side of the story.

I don't disagree with you having a go about him slagging the club. But you started having a go that he didn't score against the big clubs even SPFL PRemiership clubs and that was what I was getting at.

When he was at Camelon he had a big argument with a supporter on facebook when we went through the bad run after the scottish.

Great to get 3 points and a clean sheet yesterday after a few disappointing results, especially against a team that gave us two tough challenges last season. 

Did anyone here make it down to the game? What was the performance like overall? Looked pretty strong from the highlights

20 hours ago, come on shire said:

We're away to Stirling Uni on Fri night but it turns out Falkirk are away to Brechin on the Saturday.  Any ideas why we're the Friday night?

Expected crowds at the horse event at the Kelpies on Saturday. They are expecting over 10000 people so the game was switched to make access etc easier.

4 hours ago, drs said:

Expected crowds at the horse event at the Kelpies on Saturday. They are expecting over 10000 people so the game was switched to make access etc easier.

Ah that makes sense.  I'm going to the Warriors game on the Sat so I can go tomorrow night so I'm not complaining lol.  I was just curious.  See you tomorrow night folks :)

20 hours ago, come on shire said:

Ah that makes sense.  I'm going to the Warriors game on the Sat so I can go tomorrow night so I'm not complaining lol.  I was just curious.  See you tomorrow night folks :)

1 hour ago, selfassemblyshire said:

Better be in the away en

I think he means Glasgow Warriors 

3-1 down against the uni. Rodgers and Del will probs retire, who are we going to bring in to replace them?

Lowland League forever.

Getting a horsing off the Uni, fucking hell. Last season you lot were scoring for fun and pumping teams, whats happened?

Getting a horsing off the Uni, fucking hell. Last season you lot were scoring for fun and pumping teams, whats happened?

Lost David Grant, we seem to be a yard off the pace too. Every team knows how we play and we have no plan b!

To be fair, Chris Geddes has the uni playing well but we are a joke.

Lost David Grant, we seem to be a yard off the pace too. Every team knows how we play and we have no plan b!

To be fair, Chris Geddes has the uni playing well but we are a joke.

Sound like it could be Lowland League for the next few years unless theres change. Hope not though, I quite like you guys.

1 hour ago, selfassemblyshire said:

3-1 down against the uni. Rodgers and Del will probs retire, who are we going to bring in to replace them?

Lowland League forever.

Rodgers doesn't want to chase the ball and just gives up. When Tapping got sent off would have probably been better taking Rodgers off and putting Brisbane on because their was 3 of them up their not getting back.  Grantys a big miss. Be Lowland League next season for Shire.

I don't watch East Stirling every week but I felt that tonight if they'd scored at the very start with that cutback (tremendous save) then it would've been a different game. Felt particularly in the first half ES controlled the game and the big GK had virtually nothing to do apart from the three goals (the second one he had no chance).

Played some decent stuff throughout the game but they seem a shadow of the team compared to when I last seen them in the same fixture last season where they won 2-0.