The East Stirlingshire Thread

craigiemack

Went along to the game today Civil more than deserved their point , their equaliser was a long time coming but was going to happen. Shire got out of jail quickly taking the lead again but the 2nd equaliser was well deserved.

Decent showing from the visitors.

59 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Safe to say another year inj lowland league for shire. I don't see what's different from this year to last as yous have only lost granty and Jamie Glasgow to best of my knowledge. What's gone wrong ?

Think Shire have stood still keeping most of last season's side while the other sides have boosted their squads. Shire defence was always liable to let in goals last season but most times they managed to score more.

Grant  has been a loss to them upfront don't look as much of a goal scoring threat going on today's game. Also Rodgers looks done.

7 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Think Shire have stood still keeping most of last season's side while the other sides have boosted their squads. Shire defence was always liable to let in goals last season but most times they managed to score more.

Grant  has been a loss to them upfront don't look as much of a goal scoring threat going on today's game. Also Rodgers looks done.

i Admit granty being a big loss but don't see how one player made the difference when Rodgers and Sludden were bagging goals last season aswell. Rodgers just likes to moan even though half the time its his fault for losing the ball

Grant's a big loss, especially in the way he was able to hold the ball up, but we really shouldn't be struggling this much without him (pretty certain he dropped out of the team a bit around Christmas last year and we still beat BSC 6-0, for example), and Glasgow, as great as he could be, was quite inconsistent.

Certainly other teams have strengthened, but at the same time we just don't seem to click going forward in the same way we did last season.

Grant's a big loss, especially in the way he was able to hold the ball up, but we really shouldn't be struggling this much without him (pretty certain he dropped out of the team a bit around Christmas last year and we still beat BSC 6-0, for example), and Glasgow, as great as he could be, was quite inconsistent.
Certainly other teams have strengthened, but at the same time we just don't seem to click going forward in the same way we did last season.

We're also playing pish and can't defend, factor that in and there's our season!

3 hours ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Safe to say another year inj lowland league for shire. I don't see what's different from this year to last as yous have only lost granty and Jamie Glasgow to best of my knowledge. What's gone wrong ?

Think it's more a case of the league's overall standard improving, while Shire are relatively similar (possibly weaker up front without Glasgow & Grant). Having seen most of the teams in the league now I reckon they'll come 4th or 5th.

They need to change the manager to have any chance of getting anywhere near the top.

They need to change the manager to have any chance of getting anywhere near the top.

I don't agree with that. We lost 2 big players and one of the replacements has been on holiday and suspended. We had deals tied up for 2 players and they were coming to us until it ended up on here. They pair of them wouldve been exactly what we needed.

We just havent made enough signings. Brought in a decent boy at RB which allowed McGregor to get back into midfield, but we only made 3 signings, one a centre half who cramped up with half an hour to go yesterday.

If you were to critcise our manager it would be for the lack of signings he's made. When you take into consideration the fact that we have no money, he is really being hung out to dry!

13 hours ago, selfassemblyshire said:

...one a centre half who cramped up with half an hour to go yesterday.

Not sure if Ayr United are full-time these days, but the difference in fitness levels in the Challenge Cup clip stands out a mile, so an obvious question about your manager at the moment would be if preseason training got the job done compared to what other teams were doing.

Not sure if Ayr United are full-time these days, but the difference in fitness levels in the Challenge Cup clip stands out a mile, so an obvious question about your manager at the moment would be if preseason training got the job done compared to what other teams were doing.

The player I'm talking about had a week in Ibiza, came back for the Gala game then was too ill to play against Ayr and train on Thursday. He probably wouldn't have started but our other CB was injured.

13 hours ago, selfassemblyshire said:

I don't agree with that. We lost 2 big players and one of the replacements has been on holiday and suspended. We had deals tied up for 2 players and they were coming to us until it ended up on here. They pair of them wouldve been exactly what we needed.

We just havent made enough signings. Brought in a decent boy at RB which allowed McGregor to get back into midfield, but we only made 3 signings, one a centre half who cramped up with half an hour to go yesterday.

If you were to critcise our manager it would be for the lack of signings he's made. When you take into consideration the fact that we have no money, he is really being hung out to dry!

Sometimes unwise to let supporters know of signing deals until they put pen to paper.

Respective clubs became alerted to the situation and the deals fell through. A lesson for fans to keep lips sealed.

3 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Turns out Ayr United are full-time now (which surprised me a bit given they are in League One) after I did some googling, so what i was seeing in that clip makes sense.

Bit of money being pumped in there, they're destroying everyone right now.

Sometimes unwise to let supporters know of signing deals until they put pen to paper.
Respective clubs became alerted to the situation and the deals fell through. A lesson for fans to keep lips sealed.

Absolutely. Best not to tell fans as there is then no need for them to keep their lips sealed as they are not in the know. Whoever gave out the information hopefully knows better now.

Check the clip above and you can easily see on crowds. Maybe 80 or so actually paying their way in? That won't be enough to cover the rent plus cost of officials, if they are paying the £400 per game for Ochilview that has been quoted on here in the past, but the money they get from being licensed should still keep them afloat I would have thought. They'll probably need a good cup run at some point or somebody rich to pump some money in to be able to mount another strong promotion push, but those are things that could happen so it isn't mission impossible.

8 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Check the clip above and you can easily see on crowds. Maybe 80 or so actually paying their way in? That won't be enough to cover the rent plus cost of officials, if they are paying the £400 per game for Ochilview that has been quoted on here in the past, but the money they get from being licensed should still keep them afloat I would have thought. They'll probably need a good cup run at some point or somebody rich to pump some money in to be able to mount another strong promotion push, but those are things that could happen so it isn't mission impossible.

Just out of interest - anyone know how much money licensed clubs receive?

13 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Theres more than 80 people their on sunday. That stand holds 626. Id reckon their was about 200 their anyway