The East Stirlingshire Thread

craigiemack

WW 0 - 4 Shire

I wasn't at the game so can't speak to the actual performance, but is a very good result for us - comfortable margin, and a clean sheet as well. Good to get a positive result after the disappointment of Saturday, and with another difficult game in Dalbeattie coming up this weekend.

I thought our shape was better today although apart from one great header we never really looked like scoring. Today's Ref was dreadful sent off Kelbie for what looked like swearing and booked their player for diving when it appeared to be a stonewall pen.
Draw probably a fair result.

We dont have enough depth. Who can come off the bench and change the game? There are a few boys that have had a few sub-par performances but because there's no depth they keep their place. I dont get why Allison plays left back when we have Ramsay, he had a great game today and hopefully he'll start in the middle on Wednesday.

21 hours ago, AlansHotBath said:

Only real positives to take from today's game is that our defense was surprisingly solid, and the new black and red away strips look good.

Gala's goalie was terrific, I thought.

We're going to get absolutely hammered by Ayr this week.

Agreed on the young keeper, a couple of nervy drops but on the whole assured and impressive. Made a great stop from Rodgers at one point too.

Based on yesterday's game and the others I've seen, Shire won't be challenging for the title this campaign unless something drastically changes. EK still seem stronger, while BSC are credible threats and Stirling Uni seem to have found another gear under Geddes. While Gala FR were solid, and Noble lead the line really well, they lacked a thrust in midfield and are the kind of side Shire really need to beat if wanting a return to the SPFL.

2 minutes ago, Born To Run said:

Agreed on the young keeper, a couple of nervy drops but on the whole assured and impressive. Made a great stop from Rodgers at one point too.

Based on yesterday's game and the others I've seen, Shire won't be challenging for the title this campaign unless something drastically changes. EK still seem stronger, while BSC are credible threats and Stirling Uni seem to have found another gear under Geddes. While Gala FR were solid, and Noble lead the line really well, they lacked a thrust in midfield and are the kind of side Shire really need to beat if wanting a return to the SPFL.

Is the lad grant away?