The East Stirlingshire Thread

craigiemack

Stag do?  Oh my.  I suppose aswell that they can only take their hols when their employers will allow as they play for the love of the game at this level. 
Entertaining enough game just 3 silly goals.  Stonewall foul for the 2nd but didn't see if it was a free kick/pen clearly.  Looking forward to the Whitehill trip to hopefully make amends.  However, the WW fans are lovely folk and the social club is tiny but really nice.  Should be a good evening out.

Few of us on the bus meeting for a couple jars at 3 if you fancy it?

39 minutes ago, geo87 said:

Any highlights for this game?

Shire Youtube channel.

Have to say I still think the penalty is actually outside of the box and the lads momentum when he goes down is what takes him into the box whilst the first goal is still a cracker and Tapping totally misjudges it for the third one. I'd forgotten about BSC hitting the bar as well but as the highlights show the away keeper just wasn't called into action enough.

Fair play to BSC they look like they will be a good side this year.

Really poor performance from our point of view, some silly goals lost, gave away the ball too easily and failed to create much at all.

Hopefully we will see a much better performance on Wednesday as with the strength of the teams around us we can't afford a slow start

2 hours ago, selfassemblyshire said:

Few of us on the bus meeting for a couple jars at 3 if you fancy it?

There's a shout.  A drink before the supporters bus leaves.  I'm working through the day so don't want to make a concrete commitment but can HOPEFULLY get away at a reasonable time for a refreshment.  What pub you chaps going to?

Any particular reason Mackin is lurking around? I'm sure I read before he was at a game last season. He's the last man you want anywhere near the club.

He wants to redevelop the old firs park that he demolished then he wants us to rent it from him. Sounds like a great plan not!!!

2 minutes ago, luggy said:

He wants to redevelop the old firs park that he demolished then he wants us to rent it from him. Sounds like a great plan not!!!

:lol: :lol: Seriously!

He has no shame.

Is that not because falkirk council wouldn't grant planning permission for houses due to the way he conducted his business.

I hope shire go back to a firs park but not under his ownership as the man can not be trusted. Any word from the board if they are considering it an option?

Is that not because falkirk council wouldn't grant planning permission for houses due to the way he conducted his business.

I hope shire go back to a firs park but not under his ownership as the man can not be trusted. Any word from the board if they are considering it an option?

I think the fact that he was refused entry on Saturday tells you what the board think about it

Can understand why he got shown the door, but maybe he should have been asked what his asking price for the land would be? If it's useless to him as things stand he might not be that difficult to deal with where an outright sale is concerned.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

3 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Can understand why he got shown the door, but maybe he should have been asked what his asking price for the land would be? If it's useless to him as things stand he might not be that difficult to deal with where an outright sale is concerned.

Its not just the purchase though - the place is a tip at the moment. It would need tens of thousands spent on it, at least. Even a one sided stadium like Dumbarton or East Fife isn't going to come cheap and then you'd have to get planning permission etc etc etc. And the Shire don't have that sort of money and as a Council Tax payer whose bins get collected once a month I cant see the local authority putting any money into it.

Its nice to see Mackin hoisted on his own petard after what he did to the club.

Edited by drs

This is what I personally don't understand to redevelop Firs would cost at least £750,000 for to then get £15,000 a season from us doesn't sound like a great deal for him, so there must be more to it