The East Stirlingshire Thread

craigiemack

15 hours ago, cfor56 said:

All quiet on the shire front. Nothing on the club website or twitter account about the friendly with Tynecastle the other night. Strange when you can find the result on the Tynecastle twitter feed.

There was a bit of a build up to the game on both. And the team lines were tweeted. 

The normal Shire type who tweets wasn't there, so that's probably why it was a bit quiet after

The match was caught on camera though, someone from Tyne I think, so you must be able to get it somewhere 

• 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Bit quiet on this thread given the new season just started. Was today's result a freak scoreline or is this season's squad weaker than last time around given the drop in the parachute payment?

The team was much the same as it was last year, 9 of the 11 starting today would have been regulars last year. We were just unacceptably sloppy in the first half against a BSC side that have really improved over the summer. 

So hopefully it is just a freak result against good opposition 

Bit quiet on this thread given the new season just started. Was today's result a freak scoreline or is this season's squad weaker than last time around given the drop in the parachute payment?

Its the same squad with thr exception of 3 players. We were just very poor today and BSC played well.

2 players started today that I was very surprised about and some of the positions could be questioned.

BSC took their chances well and were excellent in the first half. They had the game wrapped up by HT and just played the 2nd half out.

Not convinced the penalty was in the box but ot right back shouldve been sent off twice in my eyes so I cant complain.

Forgot how small Stevie Murray actually was but he put in a good shift.

Same story as last season, defence was all over the place!

42 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Give the made up boys club a bit credit.  :P

They are another team in this league going places,  sooner folk realise that the better!  

Cracking performance from Bsc Glasgow, took their chances well and also hit the bar in the first half, the penalty was a good foot into the box but East Stirlingshires defence were poor and also a clean sheet was very pleasing

33 minutes ago, selfassemblyshire said:

Its the same squad with thr exception of 3 players. We were just very poor today and BSC played well.

2 players started today that I was very surprised about and some of the positions could be questioned.

BSC took their chances well and were excellent in the first half. They had the game wrapped up by HT and just played the 2nd half out.

Not convinced the penalty was in the box but ot right back shouldve been sent off twice in my eyes so I cant complain.

Forgot how small Stevie Murray actually was but he put in a good shift.

Same story as last season, defence was all over the place!

BSC were excellent today tbh I was surprised just how poor Shire were.The penalty no surprises I thought was a pen, but I can understand why it's a cause for debate. The pitch and for that matter the white lines are pretty worn so when the sun did come out in between downpours it did make it tough to see the lines. Shire will get stronger and I've no doubt they will be there or there about come the end of the season. For us a great away win against one of top sides in the league.

Andy Grant wasn't much cop at left back when he played for Camelon and his manager at the time saw this after a couple of games and moved him to centre half where he improved immensely.

I wonder who that manager was?

Piss poor from the Shire today - if BSC are to be one of the title contenders than I don't see the Shire being anywhere near the top of the league as they were so far off the pace for 45 minutes today as to almost be embarrassing. Cracking finish from Smith for the first goal, from the other end it did look outside the box for the penalty (and it also looked like the ref didn't book anyone for it, which was odd) and the third was poor defensively. After the break BSC had it sewn up and didn't look to press it and sadly the Shire didn't look like getting back into the game.

Hope the lad in the ambulance is alright was a right sore one he took on the noggin.

Also very very very very surprised that the first person I saw at the ground was Alan Mackin. Mind you that's the first time I've been round the Tryst side of the ground in about 25 years.

And Alan Mackin was promptly shown the way back out!

I was at the opposite end of the ground and could see the penalty was outside the box, by all accounts, his momentum allowed him to roll into the box.

Fair result though, some of the senior players need a kick up the backside and taught to keep the ball. Young Simon White should be in the middle of the park, has better feet, more energy and can pass a ball.

29 minutes ago, Nimmo's Notes said:

Fair result though, some of the senior players need a kick up the backside and taught to keep the ball. Young Simon White should be in the middle of the park, has better feet, more energy and can pass a ball.

Totally agree, White always impressed when he played last season and should really be given more game time. I think in general we need more strength in midfield to support the defense. A central 3 of Del, McGregor, with White pushed a bit further forward, might work well  

First game of the season and our new striker is posted missing at a stag doo, next week our new center half is heading to Ibiza although on today's performance that might be a good thing. My expectations were low for this season after today's performance they are non existent.

Stag do?  Oh my.  I suppose aswell that they can only take their hols when their employers will allow as they play for the love of the game at this level. 

Entertaining enough game just 3 silly goals.  Stonewall foul for the 2nd but didn't see if it was a free kick/pen clearly.  Looking forward to the Whitehill trip to hopefully make amends.  However, the WW fans are lovely folk and the social club is tiny but really nice.  Should be a good evening out.

Edited by come on shire