The East Stirlingshire Thread

craigiemack

Stuart Blackwood, our tannoy man, wrote it, sang it, played all the instruments and recorded it ( our very own Denis Waterman!).

It was only intended to be played for the teams to run out on the pitch to, but our video man nicked it and used it for the highlights. As a result, the tune has to be played on a loop, in order to pan it out, so Stuart is contemplating recording a "12 inch" version, in order to fit the highlights a wee bit better.

The highlights are really embarrassing, would get a better game v a shire fans XI, surely to god fans are bored of the team putting 5 past amateur teams?

Get real and be respectful. We are in this league for a reason and its much more enjoyable than meeting the same teams at least 4 times a season. Great wee grounds and fantastic hospitality. It's been a blast.

Get real and be respectful. We are in this league for a reason and its much more enjoyable than meeting the same teams at least 4 times a season. Great wee grounds and fantastic hospitality. It's been a blast.

Although disappointed that we couldn't win the league can't say I'm disappointed to be spending another season in the LL. This season in the LL has made football enjoyable again.

No idea why Sludden won't make more subs during a match. We had so many players tonight who just were not having a good game, and yet he made one change when you've got Oliver, Allison and a bunch of young guys on the bench who must be chomping at the bit for a game. 

Congrats to Cumbernauld Colts, though, a good team with every chance of winning it. If I'm right in thinking they have already beaten EK this season?

If I'm right in thinking they have already beaten EK this season?

Yes, 1-0 at K Park. Also beat Spartans home and away. Huge injury list has hampered consistency in their league standing, but lots of good individual results.

Also worth pointing out that 5 lads were 19 or under on the park again last night, 4 of them starting and 2 of them getting goals.

2 hours ago, Ross O'Neri said:

Many fans heading to Dalbeattie on Saturday?

Thinking about it as I've never been to Dalbeattie and interestingly it's the home town of the Titanic's First Officer who went down with the ship I believe. The league's over and we're guaranteed 2nd so the result's a wee bit academic but a Shire win's obviously nice.

However, as long as there's an entetaining game and more nice weather then that'll be splendid.

Thinking about it as I've never been to Dalbeattie and interestingly it's the home town of the Titanic's First Officer who went down with the ship I believe. The league's over and we're guaranteed 2nd so the result's a wee bit academic but a Shire win's obviously nice.
However, as long as there's an entetaining game and more nice weather then that'll be splendid.

I wouldn't think about it too long supporters bus is pretty full

Hey lads, I'm in Edinburgh over the weekend and will be popping into Football Nation to buy this year's home kit. Anyone own it? How's the quality? Crest and Joma wordmark embroidered, Ladbrokes stickered? It's a bangin' design no doubt, but I just want to know what quality I'll be getting for my 40 quid.

Hey lads, I'm in Edinburgh over the weekend and will be popping into Football Nation to buy this year's home kit. Anyone own it? How's the quality? Crest and Joma wordmark embroidered, Ladbrokes stickered? It's a bangin' design no doubt, but I just want to know what quality I'll be getting for my 40 quid.

I recommend a size up from what you normally get, the shop on lothian road unfortunately don't sell in shop, you have to buy online.