The East Stirlingshire Thread

craigiemack

Alan Mackin turning up, out of the blue, yesterday at Dalbeattie. Wanted to put plans forward to the directors but was given the deaf ear.

Obviously realises that he's never going to sell Firs Park and that he's never going to kill us off, so looking for a way out. Redevelopment of Firs Park and us paying him rent to play there.

2 hours ago, Nimmo's Notes said:

Alan Mackin turning up, out of the blue, yesterday at Dalbeattie. Wanted to put plans forward to the directors but was given the deaf ear.

Obviously realises that he's never going to sell Firs Park and that he's never going to kill us off, so looking for a way out. Redevelopment of Firs Park and us paying him rent to play there.

Would surely cost a fortune to get Firs Park up to standard. Wasn't everything flattened?

Just catching up on the highlights, was Del's sending off a straight red or a second yellow? Couldn't really see why it was a red from the footage but it's often difficult to tell from one angle. 

Also: Dalbeattie's 2nd was absolutely brilliant. Lowland League goal of the year?

The game was filmed by both teams. 

EK highlights, which are very good, often take a while to appear.

Ours are usually out quite quick, but the young chap who does all the technical trickery was away on Sat. There wasn't any twitter activity on Sat due to the same thing.

The game was filmed by both teams. 

EK highlights, which are very good, often take a while to appear.
Ours are usually out quite quick, but the young chap who does all the technical trickery was away on Sat.There wasn't any twitter activity on Sat due to the same thing.

Thank you for that. I'll look for EK highlights.

Scraped through yesterday with a comeback from 2-0 down. Credit to the boys for that.

On the other hand we only had 12 available players and if that was down to injuries and suspensions that's fine, but I don't agree to players booking holidays during the season. Imagine that was Buckie we were playing yesterday!

Scraped through yesterday with a comeback from 2-0 down. Credit to the boys for that.

On the other hand we only had 12 available players and if that was down to injuries and suspensions that's fine, but I don't agree to players booking holidays during the season. Imagine that was Buckie we were playing yesterday!

One of the said 2 was also away with his burd for our first game against EK, I questioned his commitment then and he sent me a PM on here telling me how it was booked before he joined the shire Bla Bla Bla and there was no one more committed than him! Aye cheers for that Andy!

Who was away? Surely the management wouldn't allow this if youse were still in league 2? Would've thought players know not to book holidays for this time of year as it's usually the most important time in my opinion. 

Thats pretty well my take on the game; Shire ran out of ideas in the second half and never looked like they were playing against a team that was a man short from pretty well the first minute. Andy Rodgers hit the bar and there was also a goal line clearance from one of their corners.  Disappointed by the result but once agian impressed by sizeable Shire following

Thats pretty well my take on the game; Shire ran out of ideas in the second half and never looked like they were playing against a team that was a man short from pretty well the first minute. Andy Rodgers hit the bar and there was also a goal line clearance from one of their corners.  Disappointed by the result but once agian impressed by sizeable Shire following

Someone on our forum suggested that the following was poor! We didn't jave a plan B yesterday and losing Sludden was a big blow.
I seen somewhere the red card was timed at 75 seconds. Must be a LL record?

Not as many fans as for the league game there, but for an end of season match, I was impressed - maybe I'm easily impressed!  Red card timing sounds about right.  For much of the second half, got the feeling that no one had any ideas once they got about 30 yars from the Spartans goal, a lot of cross balls more in hope than expectation of finding someone in the box. 

Edited by PRS
spelling