The East Stirlingshire Thread

craigiemack

Stirling University play at Falkirk Stadium due to money being owed by Falkirk to the university for training facilities, used in the past.

The plan is for Stirling University to play there, again, next season. I guess in a worst case scenario you could have Friday night, Saturday and Sunday games.

5 minutes ago, Nimmo's Notes said:

Stirling University play at Falkirk Stadium due to money being owed by Falkirk to the university for training facilities, used in the past.

The plan is for Stirling University to play there, again, next season. I guess in a worst case scenario you could have Friday night, Saturday and Sunday games.

I had heard about that re the Uni. Would the LL be happy to have 2 clubs share with Falkirk? I suppose Uni and Shire could come to some arrangement about who got the Saturday when Falkirk were away and who played Friday or Sunday a split would be fairest I suppose. You got a decent crowd v Spartans on a Sunday so maybe wouldn't be a bad thing money wise.

13 minutes ago, come on shire said:

Would have preferred a cracking away trip to a new away ground but hey ho.

Eh......

Cumbernauld you'll have visited  loads times. 

K Park you've already been there this season. 

Which just leaves Saughton Park o m g :D........ 

1 hour ago, newcastle broon said:

Eh......

Which just leaves Saughton Park o m g :D........ 

Saughton is in Edinburgh, and Edinburgh means beer, lots of beer 

28 minutes ago, holme said:

Saughton is in Edinburgh, and Edinburgh means beer, lots of beer 

Ha don't think there's many pubs left open around that area now I'm sure the wheatsheaf and the one further up towards the lights at Gorgie Road are long gone. 

I could be wrong though. 

Eh......
Which just leaves Saughton Park o m g [emoji3]........ 

Horseshoe inn would be the closest to suaghton sure it's shutting down soon or murryfield sports bar

As an outsider who never got the chance to visit either of the old grounds in Falkirk town centre, what is the history re East Stirlingshire?
Why the ground share with Stenny rather than sharing with Falkirk at the new stadium?

The simple answer is at the time we left firs Falkirk stadium wanted a Fortune form us to play there so Stenny was the cheapest option although that might not be the case for next season.

No idea why what he was upsetting him. He was a bit overexcitable. He started mouthing off at the ref from a few feet away and was shown a yellow. That was not enough to dissuade him and he was then shown a red. So I don't know whether that's a yellow and straight red or whether the ref meant to show a second yellow and then the red.

9 hours ago, MAC THE KNIFE said:

OH DEARY , DEARY ME , WIN BUY ANOTHER MASSIVE SCORE & LOSE THE TITLE. SO F***Y SHIRE !!!!

9 hours ago, craigiemack said:

The highlights are really embarrassing, would get a better game v a shire fans XI, surely to god fans are bored of the team putting 5 past amateur teams?

I hope these are wind ups!