The East Stirlingshire Thread

craigiemack

9 minutes ago, AlansHotBath said:

I was expecting more from Whitehill today, but we absolutely bossed them. Probably could have scored more but can't complain about a 3-0 win.

12 against 11 then 10 tho we mibbe did nae have much but it was only when sides went uneven that yous fully took control although oor keeper made some cracking saves. 

I expected more from yous to be honest. 

As for yer stewarding ffs a crowd of aboot 12 and we get strip searched worse than a feckn airport! 

Al Maybes stay in boozer next time than be treated like that! 

Felt we were in it even with 10 men till Charlie's cracker of an o.g. Shire totally dominated though, it would have taken a set piece from us to score. Ref dished out an early yellow to O'Hara but ignored a similar Shire tackle minutes later.

We only had 1 sub listed plus the keeper. Regular centre half pairing would be Williams and Kidd but Williams was injured. Would like to see the red card again, wee Connor was doing OK up till then but he sometimes has a rush of blood to the heid. Sub Conor Bryden should be claiming the Shire for a new strip.

good to meet Luggy, Self-Assembly and Shirey_Pirey. EK more efficient but Shire easily the better footballing side. Big steward in red is a helmet though.

Special T2 Trainspotting award to Rab B.

Edited by The Mantis

15 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

Felt we were in it even with 10 men till Charlie's cracker of an o.g. Shire totally dominated though, it would have taken a set piece from us to score. Ref dished out an early yellow to O'Hara but ignored a similar Shire tackle minutes later.

We only had 1 sub listed plus the keeper. Regular centre half pairing would be Williams and Kidd but Williams was injured. Would like to see the red card again, wee Connor was doing OK up till then but he sometimes has a rush of blood to the heid. Sub Conor Bryden should be claiming the Shire for a new strip.

good to meet Luggy, Self-Assembly and Shirey_Pirey. EK more efficient but Shire easily the better footballing side. Big steward in red is a helmet though.

Yes agreed one on bench I thought we had u20 laddies.  Surely one or two o them stripped on the bench would ve looked a bit more professional. 

35 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

I'll blooming trainspotting award ye :lol: 

I got a great view of the 12.33 to Dunblane heading out of Waverley!  

1 minute ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

I'll blooming trainspotting award ye :lol: 

I got a great view of the 12.33 to Dunblane heading out of Waverley!  

Is it true you got stung for 80 quid the other week? Kept that quiet :whistle

5 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

Is it true you got stung for 80 quid the other week? Kept that quiet :whistle

:lol: ... it wasn't quite as bad as that but I should maybe just stick to the car :lol: 

Are you pair still in that car park ... !? 

Definitely no complaints about the result today. Frustrating to lose Connor right at the start of the 2nd half. 

For Shire I thought Ure in the middle of park was impressive and going forward Faulds, Glasgow, Grant and Allison were all a real threat. Bryan was man of the match for WW with a string of very good saves otherwise it could have been a few more. 

Great hospitality from the Shire and enjoyed the Ochilview Bar before. Just goes to show that Assembleyshire can behave himself at the fitba without a drink :lol: 

As for the guy in the red jacket ... oh dear ! 

Its been a solid 3 months since there was an uproar about the stewarding, good to see its come back. Witnessed Andy Kay play for Camelon today against Lochee and he surprisingly looked half decent, a lot more physical than when he played for us

Must admit I enjoyed meeting more of the Whitehill boys today. Quickly becoming one of my favourite teams to play against! Hopefully we meet again on the Lowland League Cup, if not I'm looking forward to next season already!

Your keeper was outstanding today. Had a few good saves! I wasnt complaining about the red as we've had a couple this season where the same has happened. We've even had somebody sent off for a tackle that happened after we were awarded a foul.

Whitehill completely in the game until the unfortunate own goal. Showing the Shire boys how to actually hit a shot on target!

As for cheif red jacket, the less said the better!