The East Stirlingshire Thread

craigiemack

Went along to this, decent crowd must have been around 400-450. Shire started brightly enough scoring early through Jamie Glasgow but Spartans seemed to contain them and it probably wasn't that much of a surprise when they equalised.

Allum's goal right on half time would have been a blow for the Shire players worse time to concede. Second half you always felt that Spartans were going to add to their score and Allum's second was a cracker right at the end.

Have to admit pre game I thought it would be a draw or a one goal win for either side, certainly didn't expect Spartans to dominate so much. Ross Allum will be an asset to them proven scorer in the Lowland League and the juniors League Two was perhaps a wee step too far for him.

There's no complaints about yesterday, just another big game where we never turned up. Spartans imo are the best team in the league, EK have the best squad but I think Spartan have the best team and tactics etc. Suppose this is shown in how they've bet us and EK twice apiece this season. Townsley, Allum and their goalie all had blinders in what was bar the first 25 mins, a comfortable game for them. Chris Townsley was part of a group of shire players who gave me £25 for a carryout after an Elgin away trip so he'll forever be a legend to me

As a side point, its also classic shire that when we have a bumper crowd with around 40-50 young players in the crowd we produce that. From when I spoke to some of the goalies they said that they were having a great day but I doubt many would've went home wanting to come back and watch the Shire!

Pity I couldn't make the game as this trip fell on an inconvenient time but it would be interesting going back to Raydale Park. Some of the away trips in this league are belters and Gretna would be one. We've almost played a full season and the novelty still hasn't worn off. Whitehill and Strollers (especially Strollers with the buffet) were exceptional hosts :)

Edited by come on shire

1 hour ago, The Mantis said:

With 8 games left and 7 for Shire the bad patch will have to hurry up :lol:

EK can only throw it away in fairness (hopefully they do) though I look forward to another cracking day out in Rosewell next season as you were great hosts. Just like a lot of the LL teams.

I was being sarcastic, there's no chance of us winning the league, even having a chance on the last day of the season would be a miracle. Yet there's still people in the shire support that actually think we'll win the league, delusional

Run-ins of remaining contenders:

East Kilb         East Stir         Spartans

Feb 18     |  Edin Univ (H)  |  Whitehill (H)  |  Gretna    (A)  |

Feb 25     |  Stir Univ (H)  |  Gala      (H)  |  Hawick    (A)  |

Mar 04     |  BSC Glasg (A)  |  Cumbern’d (A)  |  Vale of L (H)  |

Mar 11     |  Threave   (A)  |  Tyneca’le (H)  |                 |    SCC R4

Mar 18     |                 |                 |  HRA/LTHV  (N)  |    EOSQC Final

Mar 25     |  Civil SS  (A)  |  Hawick    (A)  |  Gala      (H)  |

- MW      |                 |                 |  Edin City (H)  |    EOSC SFs

Apr 01     |                 |                 |                 |

Apr 08     |  ?              |  ?              |                 |    SCC SFs

Apr 15     |  Spartans  (H)  |  Dalbeatt. (A)  |  East Kilb (A)  |
 - MW      |                 |                 |  
?              |    EOSC Final

Apr 22     |  East Stir (A)  |  East Kilb (H)  |  Dalbeatt. (H)  |

Dates?     |  Hawick    (H)  |  Preston   (A)  |  Cumbern’d (A)  |
           |  Gala      (A)  |                 |                 |