The East Stirlingshire Thread

craigiemack

Sad to see in todays Daily Record that John Coughlin has quit the shire and David Hannah has thrown his hat in the ring for the job.

:lol: :lol:

I wonder what story they actually meant to print.

Sad to see in todays Daily Record that John Coughlin has quit the shire and David Hannah has thrown his hat in the ring for the job.

Was thinking the same myself

Didn't David Hannah not actually want the job when Coughlin left. Sure the front runners were him, Peter Reids brother and Allan Moore while we ended up hiring Craig Tully [emoji23]. Maybe the Daily Record are just living 2 years in the past?

24 minutes ago, drs said:

I know it used to get called the Day Late record but a story from a few years ago is really taking the piss:lol:

2 minutes ago, craigiemack said:

Didn't David Hannah not actually want the job when Coughlin left. Sure the front runners were him, Peter Reids brother and Allan Moore while we ended up hiring Craig Tully emoji23.png. Maybe the Daily Record are just living 2 years in the past?

Tomorrow's exclusive in the Record will be about Shire quitting Firs Park to groundshare at Ochilview.

Oh boy .As horrendous a defensive performance I have seen by a Shire team.  Even with that we could have won if we'd put away some more of the glaring 2nd half misses . We didn't and well done to Selkirk for the result, they certainly took their chances. 

Our team look so imbalanced in the midfield. Del needs more support which turn will allow the defence to get the missing help it desperately requires from the midfield.

Now for my 1st drink of the day. It better be a good one 

5 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

How on earth did you lose 7 goals to Selkirk? Looks like a betting scam, but I'm sure there must be an innocent enough explanation.

Have you seen either team play??

Naw didn't think so.....

Shire have been leaking goals aw season and Selkirk scored the same amount of goals against Gala just the other week. All the fun of the LL so certainly no bet scams. 

We ship goals like its going out of fashion, today was no different. They did score some really good goals however. We have no defence, all our money was punted into getting an incredible attack but we now lack a defence. Also shout out to Sludden for apologising in the social club after, takes some baws. Some players looked absolutely dejected, namely Paul Sludden, Faulds, Drew Ramsey and Barclay. Others less so, probably the ones that will be out all night on the pish.

6 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Have you seen either team play??

I used to (long time ago) watch the Shire reasonably regularly, so it's always one of the first results I look for. Have watched the extended youtube clips highlights a few times and they looked to me to be playing to a decent standard. 11 points back with one game in hand is not going to be easy.

20 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

How on earth did you lose 7 goals to Selkirk? Looks like a betting scam, but I'm sure there must be an innocent enough explanation.

John Sludden is ample explanation.

1 hour ago, LongTimeLurker said:

The explanation is simple.

It's Selkirk.

They're not happy unless they're associated with "blockbuster"*** scorelines, whether on the giving or the receiving end.

*** I refuse to say "Box office", or Grimbo will accuse me of a swing & a miss whilst scrambling for relevence, then I'll be on the verge of tears.