The Official Dundee United 2016-17 Thread

19 minutes ago, K.T said:

It's just like visiting your old senile uncle who tells you the same story every time about the past. Nobody wants to visit but you feel a responsibility to do so.

I can't help thinking a better example would have been "visiting your vastly more successful younger brother who has fallen on hard times due to a series of bad decisions dragging him down to below even your level".

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Dee Man said:

Hey guys, I'd completely forgotten you existed. Just popped in to say hi.

Mind we relegated you at Dens?

How can you have popped in to say hi if you had forgotten we existed?  Have you gone walkabout and suffered from sunstroke?

Just now, Twinkle said:

We currently have a Romanian on trial this week. Not entitely sure what position he plays but apparently cant speak a word of english which isnt ideal

Looking at the bunfights on Twitter in the last couple of days, I wish I didn't understand English either

54 minutes ago, Desert Nomad said:

Just seen some of the shite that went down on Twitter last night involving Jim Spence. Honestly don't know where people get the time or energy from, these clowns literally must have nothing outside of football.

34 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

I'm tired of the whole bloody thing now.

What's the story?

35 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

How can you have popped in to say hi if you had forgotten we existed?  Have you gone walkabout and suffered from sunstroke?

Someone reminded me.

2 hours ago, banana said:

Tannadice spraypaint culprit allegedly found. Even more of a fud than imagined.

02_18233410_920bcb_2963461a.jpg

:1eye

Imagine acting like that when you're 49!

57 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Here he is, the senile old uncle.

Imagine posting pish like this when you're 59!

3 hours ago, banana said:

What's the story?

Spence went on Twitter saying TBS would be doing an interview with an 'independent journalist' on Monday to discuss, among other things, 'where the money's went'. Fed guys on Twitter replied by casting doubt on the independence of said journalist (Martin Bashir is the name I'm hearing), implying that the whole thing was spin and that he should be facing the fans. Spence then, bizarrely, returned by calling into the question the democratic processes involved in electing Fed members (I think), which created a gargantuan shit storm that may still be going on. He might have been trying to make a point about who actually represents 'the fans', but I've no idea to be honest. In fact this might never have happened, and I may be living in some parallel universe where human beings have evolved into an amphibious species living under the sea, and Rangers are not dead.

I trust this clarifies matters.

3 minutes ago, Gibby82 said:

Spence went on Twitter saying TBS would be doing an interview with an 'independent journalist' on Monday to discuss, among other things, 'where the money's went'. Fed guys on Twitter replied by casting doubt on the independence of said journalist (Martin Bashir is the name I'm hearing), implying that the whole thing was spin and that he should be facing the fans. Spence then, bizarrely, returned by calling into the question the democratic processes involved in electing Fed members (I think), which created a gargantuan shit storm that may still be going on. He might have been trying to make a point about who actually represents 'the fans', but I've no idea to be honest.

Ooft :thumsup2

Seems like Spencey couldn't keep his gob shut, some play by the supporters liaison a few months in. Fair point though, these twitchy fans groups seem to think they run the club.

Spence went on Twitter saying TBS would be doing an interview with an 'independent journalist' on Monday to discuss, among other things, 'where the money's went'. Fed guys on Twitter replied by casting doubt on the independence of said journalist (Martin Bashir is the name I'm hearing), implying that the whole thing was spin and that he should be facing the fans. Spence then, bizarrely, returned by calling into the question the democratic processes involved in electing Fed members (I think), which created a gargantuan shit storm that may still be going on. He might have been trying to make a point about who actually represents 'the fans', but I've no idea to be honest. In fact this might never have happened, and I may be living in some parallel universe where human beings have evolved into an amphibious species living under the sea, and Rangers are not dead.

I trust this clarifies matters.

Still doesn't nail down the Olic situation?

ETA; We have:

9634352392ef4223b9a68299e3fabccf.jpg

Spence also saying behaviour of certain individuals in the Fed putting people off investing in the club. He also, very randomly, asked the guy who used to be at ArabTrust if he thought a merger between us and Dundee would work. Not sure if Spence is Colin Nished, trolling, or a combination of both. Either way, got a feeling he'll not be in this role much longer. Administering a few telts before getting as far away from this clusterfuck as possible.

I really like Spence, he talks alot of sense and is a good guy to have involved in the club imo. Good in the media, respected in Scottish football and a supporter of the club too, not too easy to find.

I get the feeling the wee Fed and Arab trust boyos don't like him for that reason and they just want to see the back of him and the club in turmoil.

The fud, I mean fed guys can fed right off. I cant stand jumped up self important tossers like them. Run by loud moth idots who have no idea how to run a club and while looking after their own intrests and agendas cause as much friction between all parties as they can. All just to look like they're ITK and doing something important. 

These wee organisations could actually be useful as a go between fans and the club if they stopped all the crap. Just like they were supposed to do when they were set up.

They know they want change and they'll do their best to get it but they have no idea what it's going to change to. No one does. If and when it does change they will be crowing from the rooftops taking the credit. Or they'll be off to the hills and quieter than Thompson is now if it ends up worse...

I really like Spence, he talks alot of sense and is a good guy to have involved in the club imo. Good in the media, respected in Scottish football and a supporter of the club too, not too easy to find.

I get the feeling the wee Fed and Arab trust boyos don't like him for that reason and they just want to see the back of him and the club in turmoil.

The fud, I mean fed guys can fed right off. I cant stand jumped up self important tossers like them. Run by loud moth idots who have no idea how to run a club and while looking after their own intrests and agendas cause as much friction between all parties as they can. All just to look like they're ITK and doing something important. 

These wee organisations could actually be useful as a go between fans and the club if they stopped all the crap. Just like they were supposed to do when they were set up.

They know they want change and they'll do their best to get it but they have no idea what it's going to change to. No one does. If and when it does change they will be crowing from the rooftops taking the credit. Or they'll be off to the hills and quieter than Thompson is now if it ends up worse...

'Mon then...

ce05f84204a0dd13de6d583f9f08074b.jpg

Blog guy has shat his pants, after a letter from TBS Incorporated I imagine:

Missing Millions, a retraction and apology. -About the blog, clarity and my recent article.

Hello everyone, Firstly Thank you for all the feedback over the past few weeks about the blog, it means a lot that people take the time to read what i write, the response has at times been completely overwhelming and i’m truly thankful, not only for everyones time, but the warmth i’ve also received. It’s only really a hobby blog, somewhere i can take my frustrations out and air opinions a little more in depth. Hey we all have them!

I’d just like to put out there what the blog itself is, and in turn, why i have in turn decided to remove and retract my recent blog article about the chairman and “missing millions”.

Firstly, the blog itself is purely “views, not news”. I absolutely do not have any form of inside info regarding the club, nor am i reporting or in any way breaking news or affiliated with any fan group or the club itself outside of being a supporter. It is merely an opinion blog based around fan feeling, taking the mood of fans and airing my opinion either for or against them. Effectively, taking a temperature of fan mood and discussing the points relating to it.

Opinions, are only that, Opinions. It’s fine to disagree, it’s fine to discuss, They can be divisive but at the heart of that, they should always lead to a constructive discussion with facts being at the centre to either back up or challenge views. Without that being available on either side, they are worthless.

And that leads me to the recent article. Opinions can sail close to the wind and easily be taken as fact. Especially when the subject is one so many people do care deeply about. There’s a definite tendency to read what we want to see into opinion pieces and represent them as fact… After all, if it’s said by x, y or z and you agree with it, It’s perfectly understandable that you can take that as justification for you own view or backing for something else you have heard.

My blog is not that. It is no more of a fact than any other punter, either in the street, in the pub or in the stand on a Saturday. In fact you can go as far as saying we probably form our opinions based on hearing the same things, from the same people via different platforms. It does not mean they have a firm factual foundation and that, sadly does not always get taken into account when a piece online is read.

The simple fact of the matter is, very, very few of us have the hard facts where we can definitively say “This is what it is” or “This is what has happened”. There are many, many reasons for that. It is the easiest thing in the world to just jump onto an opinion, claim that as fact and be done with it, despite not actually being close to the fact themselves. This is massively damaging to all parties involved and in absolutely no way constructive, in this case, to either the club, it’s employees, sponsors, the fans or the groups representing them. We all want what is best for the club at the end of the day, it’s about forming a constructive way to achieve that.

I have, therefore decided to remove and fully retract my latest blog as i feel that not only was it factually incorrect on many levels leading to it being grossly unfair on certain individuals and damaging to the club as a whole, but was also being misrepresented as something a lot more substantial than it was. I fully hold my hands up to my own personal error in not fully realising what reaction, attention and impact the blog would receive and on reflection, feel not only should i have been more aware of the potential for this, but could have written a much more constructive piece based on what we do know, rather than opinion based on other opinion.

It has been an eye opener on many levels, but hopefully not only does it help improve the quality of the blog in future, but will help make it a more enjoyable read! I apologise for any misunderstanding caused and once again, thank everyone for their time and hope you continue to read, contribute and most importantly, enjoy!

Mark

So much minter.

Archived