The Official Dundee United 2016-17 Thread

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, ArabianKnight said:

Not going over board. Just saying I would have been happy to see him at RB this season.

He's managed over 30 games in the last 12 months. I'm just left wondering how he's managed that being such a "crock".

Would have been a perfectly adequate to decent player for United in the Championship  IMO

And scored excatly the same number of goals as Andy Robertson in their last season here.

2 hours ago, ArabianKnight said:

Not going over board. Just saying I would have been happy to see him at RB this season.

He's managed over 30 games in the last 12 months. I'm just left wondering how he's managed that being such a "crock".

Would have been a perfectly adequate to decent player for United in the Championship  IMO

29 last season. I'm not doubting his ability just his ability to remain fit enough to be worthwhile.

No appearances yet for Saints, I'll let you guess why.

Right, back in the country after two weeks away. What have I missed? Anier gone, McKinnon still unbeaten, shaky against QoS, terrific against Partick for the first 45, no news on any defensive signings, van der Velden is good at everything.

24 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

And scored excatly the same number of goals as Andy Robertson in their last season here.

Eh, Robertson actually scored five to Watson's four, although he had an extra 15 games in which to do so.

1 minute ago, stumigoo said:

Right, back in the country after two weeks away. What have I missed? Anier gone, McKinnon still unbeaten, shaky against QoS, terrific against Partick for the first 45, no news on any defensive signings, van der Velden is good at everything.

Actually terrific for 90 minutes against Partick. 3-1 incredibly flattering to them. VDV's awesome.

I think McKinnon might leave signing any forwards for the time being given that Murray, Smith, van der Velden and Obadeyi can all probably rotate in that position for the next wee while until a genuine target is available.

Sounds like our defensive woes continue, a commanding central defender is a position we should really be pushing the boat out for.

7 minutes ago, Lichtie78 said:

Jassem Sukar, any United fans seen him play?

Hasn't played for the first team although he's made the bench the last couple of weeks. Regular in the development squad and relatively well regarded. I take it he's off to join you chaps on loan?

Hasn't played for the first team although he's made the bench the last couple of weeks. Regular in the development squad and relatively well regarded. I take it he's off to join you chaps on loan?

Aye just been announced. We need a decent partner for Ricky Little so hopefully he can fill that void.

7 hours ago, Lichtie78 said:

Aye just been announced. We need a decent partner for Ricky Little so hopefully he can fill that void.

I saw him play at Forfar in a friendly, he's not bad and will probably benefit from playing at that level

Trying to think of any positives from a result like today's - 

It will help those fans who believed this was going to be a walk in the park that it won't be.

It might help the squad realise themselves that this will not be an easy season.

It should ensure at least a couple of additional signings to improve the team.

Trying to think of any positives from a result like today's - 

It will help those fans who believed this was going to be a walk in the park that it won't be.

It might help the squad realise themselves that this will not be an easy season.

It should ensure at least a couple of additional signings to improve the team.

It's still another day until Monday?

5 minutes ago, bobbycoxblue said:

Why ?? Genuinely.

Because it is important to give our game proper coverage. The format should be highlights for all Premiership games, at least 1 Championship game, then goals packages for remaining Championship, League 1 and League 2. I follow Scottish football, I'd like to see as much as I can. 

When we were in the Premiership I couldn't give a toss about the lower league games, in fact I was pissed off at the pandering to Sevco, so I can't complain if our highlights aren't being shown now.

Archived