The Official Dundee United 2016-17 Thread

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, Gert.T.Fock said:

Never mind you might finish in the top 4 behind us next season. Mass exodus of your squad to follow...although maybe that's not a bad thing...

It's like a game of Scrabble.  We'll chuck in all our players and pull out the Q, Z, K and W - and nae vowels.

So what's the word about Thompson's plan? He going for admin this summer or going to see how long season ticket money can last in the hope a winning team can get crowds in? 

People i feel for most are the backroom staff. United must have a decent non-playing infrastructure that will have to be gutted this summer as it is a cost they surely cannot carry.

United are extremely lucky they'll see the Andy Robertson cash stream in this summer or I think administration may have been a credible option.

11 minutes ago, adundeemonkey said:

So what's the word about Thompson's plan? He going for admin this summer or going to see how long season ticket money can last in the hope a winning team can get crowds in? 

People i feel for most are the backroom staff. United must have a decent non-playing infrastructure that will have to be gutted this summer as it is a cost they surely cannot carry.

I wouldn't worry too much they don't seem to have a decent anything. 

After the match I text my mate, who took it rather well, saying that imo I would only keep Bell/Durnan and Flood. The rest could get tae.

Guys like Spittal/Telfer and even Fraser are the reason you're down here in my opinion. Soft as shite.

Spittal has turned up the last few games but been anonymous before, Fraser clearly has ability but he doesn't do enough playing central and slow as f**k out wide. As for Telfer, what a waste of money.

Keatings and King are a good start, if Devlin signs too then that should be a solid signing for the Championship.

Huge job for McKinnon this but he should have the biggest budget in the league this time around so no excuses.

Also really needing to get some pace into this team. The team over the last few years has been painfully slow.

I wouldn't even keep Flood, he was good against lower league teams but gash against the higher teams.

We haven't had any pace in our team for years. We need to sign two wingers and pacey striker this summer. Along wiv a back up keeper, two fullbacks, centre half, two centre mids and an attacking mid. Looking at 10 players!

2 hours ago, UnitedLoon63 said:

I wouldn't even keep Flood, he was good against lower league teams but gash against the higher teams.

We haven't had any pace in our team for years.
We need to sign two wingers and pacey striker this summer. Along wiv a back up keeper, two fullbacks, centre half, two centre mids and an attacking mid. Looking at 10 players!

This. 

I think one of the reasons Murray stood out for us was because we were all in awe of having a player with pace in the team.

Our midfield has been rank for years now too, with players like Flood, Telfer, Toshney, Murdoch, Paton, Rankin etc being given the run around by more dynamic players.

Archived