The Official Dundee United 2016-17 Thread

9 minutes ago, RM16 said:

Nothing on the official. Surely he can't be played as a trialist in the final?

Don't know the answer to that but the idea that we need another defensive midfielder in the squad makes me wonder if McKinnon will go with four in the starting line-up as oppossed to just the three like last week.  :bairn

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Don't know the answer to that but the idea that we need another defensive midfielder in the squad makes me wonder if McKinnon will go with four in the starting line-up as oppossed to just the three like last week.  :bairn

a738f5f8a4fbc211fd5f90536dd4e5d2.jpg

Found on SPFL Twitter, squad number and name. Looks to have signed, strange that there is no announcement pre-game. If so, good luck to the lad, hope he goes the business for us.

Just now, RM16 said:

a738f5f8a4fbc211fd5f90536dd4e5d2.jpg

Found on SPFL Twitter, squad number and name. Looks to have signed, strange that there is no announcement pre-game. Good luck to the lad, hope he goes the business for us.

If that photo is from the Fir Park dressing room I hope it's not part of the starting lineup.

6 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

IMG_20170325_113504.jpg

I couldn't give a shit about this competition but I want to see how McKinnon manages the team over the next few weeks and how they perform.  That's not the worst line up given the available players, glad to see Coote is starting.  But three defensive midfielders again?  Unless Telfer is playing further forward.  Also who is at right back?  

ETA Murdoch at right back, Flood and Telfer defensive mid?

Never saw the Raith reference.  :lol:

2 minutes ago, Zetterlund said:

Telfer at RB? Strange with VdS on the bench, unless he's being punished for his wtf moment at Raith.

I don't think VdS looks like he's fully fit in recent games.  Dillon is out and no-one wants Toshney at RB again.  

Despite it being a Mickey mouse competition hopefully the win will give us a confidence boost going into the final part of the season. Would like to see Murray and Coote as first picks  in the wide positions for the remaining games also.

Coote looked neat and tidy at times but he was also brushed off the ball easily, which is maybe to be expected given his age and height. We need to avoid playing Van der Velden as often as possible, his 'cool guy' routine in possession is infuriating. He thinks he has all the time in the world but is more often than not caught out.

I'd be happy for our first eleven in the remaining games to be - 

Bell

Van der Struijk

Durnan

Edge

Robson

Telfer

Flood

Coote

Andreu

Murray

Mikkelson

7 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

I don't think we'll have much choice other than to field that team given injuries and form.

Yeah our squad is still very light, and with very few outstanding young players to introduce we are left with a group of about 15 we can 'rely' on. 

1 hour ago, skinny arab said:

Despite it being a Mickey mouse competition hopefully the win will give us a confidence boost going into the final part of the season. Would like to see Murray and Coote as first picks  in the wide positions for the remaining games also.

:lol:

45 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

Some pretty helpful results for us today (if you are taking it as a race for second our best hope). With Falkirk and Morton losing it makes a huge game on Tuesday night against Ayr. 

:lol: :lol:

There's no delusion like self delusion.

Archived