The Official Dundee United 2016-17 Thread

Agree with most of that but fraser shouldn't be playing as much as he has been, he's a shitebag. I think Flood is past it also, been out played in the big games...losses the ball too often

He's also extremely slow and looks well off the pace at times.

Great left foot however.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

He's also extremely slow and looks well off the pace at times.

Great left foot however.

12 minutes ago, UnitedLoon63 said:

Agree with most of that but fraser shouldn't be playing as much as he has been, he's a shitebag. I think Flood is past it also, been out played in the big games...losses the ball too often

Fraser gets a great deal of justified criticism but I still think in the right system and in the right position (as a number 10) he is worth having in the team. If he has enough people around him to do the work he can be a great 'luxury' player.

With no Andreu next season Fraser will get his chance at no10 (unless McKinnon fills the squad with similar players again) but for him to be a success there he will need to improve and perhaps more crucially we will need to bring in some quality in the wide areas and up front to complement him.

3 hours ago, UnitedLoon63 said:

We looked ten times better after he went off last night. He slows everything down and gives the ball away an absolutely ridiculous amount of times per game. Just a shame he's not anywhere near as good as he thinks he is or we'd have some player on our hands.

Is it fair comment to say the vast majority of the morons persistently going on about BALDY SNAKE OUT !!!!111!! are people with very low IQs who have no understanding about how to run a football club, or basic finances?
I used to, and still do to a lesser extent, have a soft spot for Utd but these guys are an absolute embarrassment. Why the utter f**k do they expect Thomson to either a - put millions of pounds into the club or b - put the club into large debt again by overspending?
Are these clowns a minority who embarrass the rest of the Utd support, or are they growing in number?

To be fair to the daft element in the United support they grew up in an era when united were a very competitive team. Countless finals and semi-finals, top 3/4 finishes and beating the top teams regularly. Now that they are poor it's going to take a while to readjust. In essence United punched above their weight and now they don't. And might never again for a long, long time.

Just watched McKinnon's post-Hibs match interview on Arabzone where he's claiming that's he's watched the challenge that led to Toshney's sending off again and thinks the referee got it wrong.  Ridiculous and just wrong.

Scott Fraser ruled out for the rest of the season with a broken foot. Not sure if that includes potential playoffs or is just the remaining league games.

Imagine VDV and Coote will be used in his absence (don't get too excited).

10 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Just watched McKinnon's post-Hibs match interview on Arabzone where he's claiming that's he's watched the challenge that led to Toshney's sending off again and thinks the referee got it wrong.  Ridiculous and just wrong.

After some of his comments post game last week and what you've just mentioned there, he seems to be trying to build a siege mentality at the club. He really sounds like an under pressure manager. 

14 hours ago, GraemePaynesSocks said:

Some of the games he's played this season make him look suited to this league.

Sounds like Mallan. Speak to some clubs fans and they'll say they see nothing special in him, but when he is on form he is an excellent player. Andreu was excellent on Wednesday night, the one United player who looked capable of causing us problems. 

6 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

Was speaking wi my manager at work yesterday about all things Championship. His cousin is an Arab who goes to most games.

Told my manager that Utd are going into administration.

It's because they spoke out against Sevco joining the SPL isn't it. :(

1 hour ago, Gaz FFC said:

Was speaking wi my manager at work yesterday about all things Championship. His cousin is an Arab who goes to most games.

Told my manager that Utd are going into administration.

An arab who goes to most games you say?

6 hours ago, stumigoo said:

Scott Fraser ruled out for the rest of the season with a broken foot. Not sure if that includes potential playoffs or is just the remaining league games.

Imagine VDV and Coote will be used in his absence (don't get too excited).

Surely we can get an emergency loan.

According to fifespud's sources we need about £3million.

Archived