39 minutes ago, GraemePaynesSocks said:

Usual sources - a guy who:

Is in the know
Works high up at tannadice
Is rarely wrong
Is a reputable source

But who:

Only tells dundee fans
Has been telling stories of impending doom for 10 years.

To be fair, some rockets in our own support have been predicting huge financial difficulties for a couple of years. 

Presently, as I understand it, we are losing a large sum every week in operating costs, but another loan has become available to prevent immediate financial disaster. However, this is unsustainable in the long term, and a "fans/sponsors/ex players" group is attempting meaningful communications with the club, with a view to eventual takeover.

Personally, I have reservations about this, as we have a much smaller fan base than the likes of Hearts, who are being held up as a future model.

2 hours ago, K.T said:

Where has all the administration/ liquidation chat come from?

Reality. Because this talk is very very real. It is happening. This Friday. Or maybe next Friday. On a Friday at some indeterminate point in the future, anyway.

15 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

Reality. Because this talk is very very real. It is happening. This Friday. Or maybe next Friday. On a Friday at some indeterminate point in the future, anyway.

That's a bit like my diet...

That'll be a nice start to the weekend then.

3 hours ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

To be fair, some rockets in our own support have been predicting huge financial difficulties for a couple of years. 

Presently, as I understand it, we are losing a large sum every week in operating costs, but another loan has become available to prevent immediate financial disaster. However, this is unsustainable in the long term, and a "fans/sponsors/ex players" group is attempting meaningful communications with the club, with a view to eventual takeover.

Personally, I have reservations about this, as we have a much smaller fan base than the likes of Hearts, who are being held up as a future model.

I think it is accepted that we are operating at a loss (but so are the majority of clubs). We have however got a Premiership style infrastructure in terms of staff and overall budget so it is not sustainable if we remain in this league for more than a year or two. What we do have though is a strong and fairly sizeable (in relevant terms) support. I've always felt that we would be able to raise enough interest and finance if the worst was on the horizon.

Who told you about the loan?

As I understand it, it's the fact it isn't available that's causing the current panic.

I'd thoroughly recommend the Dillon interview for his United 11. I think it is available free via ArabZone. It has however made me fucking miserable about how shite we are now compared to many of the years that Dillon has been at the club. Some of the footage and images are a reminder of the good old days of even just a few years ago. 

7 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

I'd thoroughly recommend the Dillon interview for his United 11. I think it is available free via ArabZone. It has however made me fucking miserable about how shite we are now compared to many of the years that Dillon has been at the club. Some of the footage and images are a reminder of the good old days of even just a few years ago. 

Thank you.

Archived