The Official Dundee United 2016-17 Thread

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Gibby82 said:

I'm a bit surprised that guy of your intelligence reads the Sun.  I am even more surprised that you believe the pish that they publish.

I heard the ciftci rumour before it came out in the papers from a Cellic fan. He does work with some of the directors and the deal Is apparently close to being done. I don't usually listen to rumour mill talk but would be happy for this to be true but as Rodgers wants him off the wage bill I doubt we'd be able to offer anything realistic to lure him back. As for the Dutch boy? Again, I hope he shows up well on trial. VDS has been a god send at right back and we might get the best out of VDV if he has a true striker to link up with. Futures bright, futures Oranje

Wages are surely a massive, borderline insurmountable sticking point, not to mention Nadir surely being more interested in a January move to somewhere a bit less of a step down division-wise.

Division wrapped up if it happens and he stays fit/unbanned. Which it won't. Maybe.

I still think the Ciftci stuff has the hallmark of an internet rumour gone wild. You never know in football but it would be very, very surprising to see him at Tannadice again.

The Dutch guy who turned up at Ninewells yesterday sounds promising (not Mario Bilate who I'm assuming has a ward named after him). I am however still in a state of shock at the standard of last season's dip into the 'out of contract and has been for months' market. I would be happier with a loan move for someone a bit more established.

I still think the Ciftci stuff has the hallmark of an internet rumour gone wild. You never know in football but it would be very, very surprising to see him at Tannadice again.

The Dutch guy who turned up at Ninewells yesterday sounds promising (not Mario Bilate who I'm assuming has a ward named after him). I am however still in a state of shock at the standard of last season's dip into the 'out of contract and has been for months' market. I would be happier with a loan move for someone a bit more established.

William was out of contract, and look how that has went

Hmm slightly torn on this one, I love the guy and of course he's got masses of quality. But towards the end of the 2014 season after gms and Armstrong left and we started losing every game going he could be a right infuriating b*****d when he took the huff. Really don't want to sully all the good memories of him if he comes back and makes little impact. Having said that there's every chance he could stroll this league.

2 hours ago, UnitedLoon63 said:

William was out of contract, and look how that has went

Out of contract in the summer is, in my opinion, different to out of contract in December. Sometimes it suggests they haven't been good enough to secure a contract anywhere. It might not but after last season's free transfers I feel a little cautious. 

Archived