The Official Dundee United 2016-17 Thread

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, stumigoo said:

From my ITK source tonight I've been told Murray has signed for Hibs and they have offered him about £300 more a week (taking him to about £1000 a week). They are also giving him a flat/house (rent paid for). 

He must have some agent, epitomises what's wrong with Scottish football.

He must have some agent, epitomises what's wrong with Scottish football.

It's clearly f**k all to do with his agent. Lennon loves him. That's not massive wages either, for the 4th biggest club in Scotland. Your back up keeper is on 300 odd a week ffs.

How does it epitomise what's wrong with Scottish football out of interest?

1 minute ago, 1320Lichtie said:

It's clearly f**k all to do with his agent. Lennon loves him. That's not massive wages either, for the 4th biggest club in Scotland. Your back up keeper is on 300 odd a week ffs.

How does it epitomise what's wrong with Scottish football out of interest?

The type of player he is and the fact he's rated by a big team. 

Couldny trap a bag o cement, but he would try to run through a brick wall.

300 odd a week, haha you still going with that pish! 

The type of player he is and the fact he's rated by a big team. 
Couldny trap a bag o cement, but he would try to run through a brick wall.
300 odd a week, haha you still going with that pish! 

18 goals this season.... 5th top scorer in the 2nd tier. It's hardly ridiculous that he's getting a chance at a higher level and it's hardly ridiculous money.

And it's not pish. You know it, there'll be plenty of players on 300 or more playing in the bottom tier at PT level including guys at ourselves. The money is hardly mental.

Everyone out of contract will be gone bar maybe Spittal. Donaldson will be only one under contract punted.

Gonna be a massive overhaul of the squad, we will miss Andreu massively!

After the match I text my mate, who took it rather well, saying that imo I would only keep Bell/Durnan and Flood. The rest could get tae.

Guys like Spittal/Telfer and even Fraser are the reason you're down here in my opinion. Soft as shite.

Spittal has turned up the last few games but been anonymous before, Fraser clearly has ability but he doesn't do enough playing central and slow as f**k out wide. As for Telfer, what a waste of money.

Keatings and King are a good start, if Devlin signs too then that should be a solid signing for the Championship.

Huge job for McKinnon this but he should have the biggest budget in the league this time around so no excuses.

Also really needing to get some pace into this team. The team over the last few years has been painfully slow.

12 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

A massive 6 goals this season for Oxford United in the heights of league one.. What a striker. Stats that make Simon Murray's season look pretty decent.

Yet you'd still absolutely love him to sign for Falkirk. Good player imo.

22 minutes ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

Yet you'd still absolutely love him to sign for Falkirk. Good player imo.

Who Simon Murray? Players like hemmings and Stewart just show you how poor the standard of Scottish football is these days. Score for fun in our best division and yet could only muster 4 league goals between them down south. 

In the context of Scottish football though yes hes a decent player.

Just now, Shadwell Dog said:

Who Simon Murray? Players like hemmings and Stewart just show you how poor the standard of Scottish football is these days. Score for fun in our best division and yet could only muster 4 league goals between them down south. 

In the context of Scottish football though yes hes a decent player.

Hemmings. 

5 hours ago, DAVIDB69 said:

Real sore one today we only played for the first 15 minutes to be honest. We will be faves next season but that probably means more problems. Inverness we have always had trouble with. St mirren will be much better as well

U wot m8?

What are you basing this on? Your team finished 3rd and you have no idea who you or anyone else in the league is going to sign and get rid of in the summer.

Unless you mean favourites for administration and relegation, in which case, I agree.

37 minutes ago, NewHope said:

RangersMedia are celebrating Dundee United dying (yes, I know).

Is this actually a viable concern or are the troglodytes just hoofanking?

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/topic/307441-scumdee-hibs-going-bust/?page=6

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/topic/307624-the-sunday-night-caption-contest/

We're as likely to go bust in the next 12 months as Rangers are. 

We have lots of soft loans, mainly underwritten by charges against properties.  Same as Rangers.  The accounts for this season will be interesting but, during the Doon season, we spent a million-and-a-half more than we earned.  Same as Rangers... oh, wait.  Only the one?

Next season, we'll just have to cut our cloth again.  If any money comes in for Armstrong or Robertson deals, we'll be a bit better off, even once any 'charges' are taken into account.

I'm worried but not overly so.  However, there's no pretending that going up wouldn't have been a big fillip to our finances.

Archived