The Official Dundee United 2016-17 Thread

All dependent on which league we're in.

I'd make a concerted effort to bring in Mikkleson - he's turned into a very effective target man.

Like has been said above, Toshney needs to go, but Ray has a hard-on for him so we're likely to suffer more and sentimentality is out the of the window for Dillon now - he's got to go.

I'd be worried about who else McKinnon will bring in though - when he thinks the likes of Kuate is a player, I'm lost.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, ArabFC said:

All dependent on which league we're in.

I'd make a concerted effort to bring in Mikkleson - he's turned into a very effective target man.

Like has been said above, Toshney needs to go, but Ray has a hard-on for him so we're likely to suffer more and sentimentality is out the of the window for Dillon now - he's got to go.

I'd be worried about who else McKinnon will bring in though - when he thinks the likes of Kuate is a player, I'm lost.

Was it Mckinnon or the head of recruitment that brought him in?

What happens now that Kuate was identified as a player and turned out to be a shite excuse of an adult never mind a player?

Och behave. Kuate clearly is a player and I'd question the insight of anyone who doubts it. Unfortunately he was also miles off the pace in a few games and showed a disappointing lack of self control last night.

If he were properly fit and had his head screwed on he'd be an asset. We can't waste time dealing with that shit now though and there's no way he can be given a new deal after last night's nonsense. None of that reflects badly on those responsible for his recruitment though: he had a long trial, he looked good and he was given a very short deal. Sometimes shit just doesn't work out.

Och behave. Kuate clearly is a player and I'd question the insight of anyone who doubts it. Unfortunately he was also miles off the pace in a few games and showed a disappointing lack of self control last night.
If he were properly fit and had his head screwed on he'd be an asset. We can't waste time dealing with that shit now though and there's no way he can be given a new deal after last night's nonsense. None of that reflects badly on those responsible for his recruitment though: he had a long trial, he looked good and he was given a very short deal. Sometimes shit just doesn't work out.

Kuate clearly has a lot of ability on and with the ball and I reckon he'd look shit hot in training but up in the head he's useless. Needs to much time to make a decision. So many easy balls on for him but he doesn't see them and gets himself in trouble, completely useless at reading the game and seeing how play will develop which is why he'll never be a player.

Ridiculous how many times he's given the ball away in very dangerous positions when he really didn't need to.

33 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Kuate clearly has a lot of ability on and with the ball and I reckon he'd look shit hot in training but up in the head he's useless. Needs to much time to make a decision. So many easy balls on for him but he doesn't see them and gets himself in trouble, completely useless at reading the game and seeing how play will develop which is why he'll never be a player.

Ridiculous how many times he's given the ball away in very dangerous positions when he really didn't need to.

Technically, he looks good at times. When he's got loads of space and lots of movement of team mates he looked good. But so would most decent playes. In a league where you don't get 20 seconds to pick a pass or time to look up and have a scan of what's going on while outside your own box then it's all pointless. As shown when he lost the ball countless times in the 4 or so games he played.

That's why guys like him have more chance to make it in Europe, where there's time to build up play, but in Scotland you get none of that.

Plus he's a complete rocket.

1 hour ago, Pull My Strings said:

That he may have quite good technique is neither here nor there, he was terrible in the Falkirk games and horrific against Hamilton. I didn't see much of him apart from that, but I do remember a BBC commentator laughing his head off on Kuate's debut, as he labelled it the worst performance he'd ever seen. 

The manner in which he consistently lost possession in dangerous positions in every game I saw him play, was horrendous - I honestly couldn't believe that McKinnon was continuing to play him - I don't know Willo personally, but I bet he's praising God that he doesn't have to play alongside him anymore.

I suppose we'll see who was right on this if care to look back in a few years, but I'd be very confident that Kuate's career will be little more than a downward slope from here on in.

He was clearly off the pace and with hindsight has at least a couple of screws which need tightening. That doesn't mean that he wasn't worth having a look at and when he came he did contribute very well in some of the games.

The first flaw I'd put down to not having played a competitive game for a year and the particularly frantic nature of the games in which he played. The second has only just become apparent. Before Thursday night the consensus amongst all those who were getting to know him and the rest of us from the outside was overwhelmingly that he was a good guy. He probably is a good guy for the most part the immaturity aside. 

I won't try to predict the future because I've no idea how loose his screws are but I expect he'll have a half decent career somewhere.

I have a feeling he will play tomorrow. Watched both legs against Falkirk and he was equally as horrific in the first leg, but the second leg away from home he looked a terrific player. Shows there is talent there. Durnan didn't need to tell him how shite he was the last game he would have known and for me instigated the meltdown. Many times from what Ive seen Durnan has been awful so Id like to see how hed react if a teammate treated him that way. Do it behind the scenes. Anyway Kuate made a massive error the way he reacted to the crowd but if he is apologetic who knows it could be he is the hero again tomorrow :lol:

1 hour ago, football maniac said:

I have a feeling he will play tomorrow. Watched both legs against Falkirk and he was equally as horrific in the first leg, but the second leg away from home he looked a terrific player. Shows there is talent there. Durnan didn't need to tell him how shite he was the last game he would have known and for me instigated the meltdown. Many times from what Ive seen Durnan has been awful so Id like to see how hed react if a teammate treated him that way. Do it behind the scenes. Anyway Kuate made a massive error the way he reacted to the crowd but if he is apologetic who knows it could be he is the hero again tomorrow :lol:

Look at the Falkirk goal. If Kuate is doing his job, it doesn't happen.

As for Durnan, I can't believe it took that long for a United player to have a go at him.

You can't blame the club for giving Kuate a six month contract. He impressed in the Development side and in training so was justifiably given an opportunity to show if he could make an impact in the side with the squad for next season in mind. He showed flashes of brilliance in a couple of the games he played but he was badly caught out by both games against Falkirk and even more so in the first leg the other night. His reaction on Thursday was disgraceful especially given the importance of the game. I'll admit I loved his interviews on Arabzone and after his Morton goal (plus his celebrations at the end of the Falkirk game were hilarious). McKinnon has to be firm on this one though, the way Kuate mocked the fans on Thursday is the thing that shouldn't be accepted, especially from someone who is here on a short term deal.

5 hours ago, football maniac said:

There is absolutely no chance he'll play tomorrow. He'll have left the club already. In different circumstances he might have been given a chance to rehabilitate himself but now's not the time for that. 

12 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

We are all Mike Braid. #MikeBraid

Is Clove Dangercunt your father-in-law, Stu?

Is he deid or is the play-off excitement too much for him?

Archived