The Official Dundee United 2016-17 Thread

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sure, you just strike me as an exceptionally unintelligent man. Even in comparison with your peers you stand out as singularly ill-informed and witless. I'm open to other options, incidentally, if you want to nominate someone else. Ludo perhaps? Come on man, you can still escape bottom spot if you pull your dopey finger out of your banal arse.

Bottom spot is something you Arabs know all about I suppose.

With your powers of judgement I'm beginning to think you must be responsible for appointing DUFC managers?

Arrogance and ignorance - a hideous combination.

13 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Bottom spot is something you Arabs know all about I suppose.

With your powers of judgement I'm beginning to think you must be responsible for appointing DUFC managers?

Arrogance and ignorance - a hideous combination.

Ooh burn. 

8 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

This reminds me of that scene in Spartacus when the Romans are looking for the dimmest poster and all the Dees appear. 

It's been a while since I've watched Spartacus.

image.gif

We are obviously in a pretty weak position financially but I think the figures from earlier in the year don't paint the current situation in terms of operating costs. I know we have worked hard to reduce the wage budget and cut costs so although we are still running at a loss it isn't as severe as last season, which by all accounts was an absolute clusterfuck of a financial year. We are in a poor position but the accounts next February will tell us the true extent of our problems.

There is no doubt we are heavily reliant on the Robertson deal (and in the future the potential Armstrong deal). Promotion would also give us a much needed injection but the club can't bank on any of that stuff happening. That is why Thompson (rightly or wrongly) is trying to secure loans to provide us with cash flow.

The whole debt scenario is a strange one when you compare it the types of debt that clubs had ten or so years ago. Back then banks would simply allow you to continually withdraw money despite not being able to pay any of it off. Now the debt is much more 'immediate' (and rightly so).

It was only a few years ago we were in hock to the banks for £4-5 million. No? We now have a lot of loans secured against club assets, but taken out by folk friendly towards the club. So the pressure to repay isn't as intense as if it was a bank breathing down your neck. Heard it all before - and the fact we have made a few signings is a positive sign for next season. There will be another clear out over summer so I'm sure the wage bill will be restructured again.

We are obviously in a pretty weak position financially but I think the figures from earlier in the year don't paint the current situation in terms of operating costs. I know we have worked hard to reduce the wage budget and cut costs so although we are still running at a loss it isn't as severe as last season, which by all accounts was an absolute clusterfuck of a financial year. We are in a poor position but the accounts next February will tell us the true extent of our problems.

There is no doubt we are heavily reliant on the Robertson deal (and in the future the potential Armstrong deal). Promotion would also give us a much needed injection but the club can't bank on any of that stuff happening. That is why Thompson (rightly or wrongly) is trying to secure loans to provide us with cash flow.

The whole debt scenario is a strange one when you compare it the types of debt that clubs had ten or so years ago. Back then banks would simply allow you to continually withdraw money despite not being able to pay any of it off. Now the debt is much more 'immediate' (and rightly so).

When we were in financial difficulties, twice, the Dundee fans were accused of doing f**k all about it, encouraging it and therefore being totally culpable with regard to the position.

I've read many posts by United fans complaining about ST selling off star players that fans wanted kept, in other words arguing against his debt reduction plan, in effect demanding fiscal recklessness.

The reality is fans can do bugger all about owners totally fucking things up.

I'd be interested to know the friendly nature of Alastair Borthwick's relationship to the club. I'd go as far as to say it might just be very expensive loans from somebody who lives in Park Avenue NYC and who couldn't give 2 fücks about the club.

Archived