The Official Dundee United 2016-17 Thread

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Well we've made losses of 1.5 million after getting relegated (shock) and we've had to borrow cash, just like alot of other teams (shock).

Its not great but we'll be fine. Especially if we get promoted. If not it's budget cuts as you would expect.

We also sacked another full management team in the financial year, that won't have been cheap.

Guest DAVIDB69
Wouldn't have thought so. Even Thursday's unlikely.

Of course the game is Thursday not Tuesday will probably be about 11000 though

1 hour ago, mishtergrolsch said:

I assumed that was included in the loss. Oh well, maybe we are buggered then.

Hamilton, you're off the hook!

My point was that a fair chunk of the £1.5m would have been those payoffs.

Yep. If you ask any Dee (they are the financial experts when it comes to United) we're stuffed.
Haemorrhaging cash, selling everything in sight and borrowing off anyone. It's a miracle we've got any money for Thompson to be skimming!!

1) No assets.
2) Owner trying to take money out and can't or won't put any in.
3) Sustaining horrific losses.
4) Borrowing off Wonga.

All fine.

7 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

The 1.5 million loss was despite including a transfer profit of 1 million. Operating loss was 2.5 million in effect.

HTH

I think you might be the dimmest poster on here F'ud. Would you say that's a fair assessment?

I think it's reasonably important to stop and think before entering a discussion with a poster who, in a fit of rage, sent his season ticket back to the club. Sneaking back weeks later to use his wife's season ticket also suggests he might not be the most rational.

1 minute ago, Fifespud said:

No. Can you explain your conclusion?

Sure, you just strike me as an exceptionally unintelligent man. Even in comparison with your peers you stand out as singularly ill-informed and witless. I'm open to other options, incidentally, if you want to nominate someone else. Ludo perhaps? Come on man, you can still escape bottom spot if you pull your dopey finger out of your banal arse.

I think it's reasonably important to stop and think before entering a discussion with a poster who, in a fit of rage, sent his season ticket back to the club. Sneaking back weeks later to use his wife's season ticket also suggests he might not be the most rational.

It was days not weeks and there was no sneaking required m8. HTH, again.

Archived