The Official Dundee United 2016-17 Thread

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, DAVIDB69 said:

Don't get me wrong would be delighted for him if he signed for Liverpool but for Scotland purposes I think it would be better signing for a club where he would play all the time.

Talking 8 million fee which isn't a lot Scottish born players sadly don't have the same value as some over rated English born ones.

Is it 10 percent we get

Why wouldn't he play all the time at Liverpool? They've spent half the season playing Milner there!

4 hours ago, DAVIDB69 said:

Mid table is more realistic no chance would Liverpool be interested

Why not? He's an improvement on what they already have. They are playing James Milner at left back right now, for goodness sake.

4 hours ago, The Real Saints said:

Just watched a couple of Wato Kuate interviews. He's far too likeable to be a Dundee United player. I feel sorry for him.

He seems a top bloke. Hopefully we give him all the Andy Robertson money, a week, to stay on.

Assuming we lose on Friday (got to love that confidence), I wonder how quickly we will hear about contract extensions, players leaving etc? I think most contracts expire in about two weeks so I'd imagine things will move quite quickly (possibly a list of those leaving as early as the day after our inevitable defeat against Falkirk).

With what we have seen over the last couple of months what kind of 'wishlist' do people have? I think we need a first choice left back, first choice right back, one additional central defender, a new sitting midfielder, another new winger (alongside King) and at least one more striker (added to Keatings). I'd imagine that we will promote two or three of the loans into the first team squad (Long, possibly Ballantyne).

Assuming we lose on Friday (got to love that confidence), I wonder how quickly we will hear about contract extensions, players leaving etc? I think most contracts expire in about two weeks so I'd imagine things will move quite quickly (possibly a list of those leaving as early as the day after our inevitable defeat against Falkirk).
With what we have seen over the last couple of months what kind of 'wishlist' do people have? I think we need a first choice left back, first choice right back, one additional central defender, a new sitting midfielder, another new winger (alongside King) and at least one more striker (added to Keatings). I'd imagine that we will promote two or three of the loans into the first team squad (Long, possibly Ballantyne).

Why are you assuming you will lose stumigoo? In the five games there has been two wins two draws and a loss. You guys have improved and definitely carry a goal threat now. Your form has been decent lately too. I still think this is 50/50 and while I'm optimistic we've been trying to get out of this league for years and know how difficult it is

Why are you assuming you will lose stumigoo? In the five games there has been two wins two draws and a loss. You guys have improved and definitely carry a goal threat now. Your form has been decent lately too. I still think this is 50/50 and while I'm optimistic we've been trying to get out of this league for years and know how difficult it is

To be perfectly honest it is just down to my own pessimism. I've always been an 'err on the side of caution' fan so my default setting is always a bit negative (being a United fan means that this is always the correct option!)

I also don't want to jinx it if I did talk about a potential win for us!

I think that what separates the teams is the psychological aspect of the tie. We've seen this season that we cannot cope under pressure so if Falkirk started strongly I can't look at this United team and see any real leaders or players who then become determined to claw it back.

You never know in football, a bad decision, a slip, a freak goal can change things in our favour but all things being equal I think Falkirk edge this at the moment.

Archived