The Official Dundee United 2016-17 Thread

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Understand that but when it's a big game like this and you've followed your team all season then it shouldn't be allowed. They are offering us less than 50pc of our season tickets. I'd get it if the home side could sell the remainder (maybe hibs did v rangers) but they won't. In a day and age when we are trying to attract bigger crowds it's mad. Also empty seats doesn't sell the product well on t.v.

Dry your eyes. You sound like a celtic fan.

1 hour ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Understand that but when it's a big game like this and you've followed your team all season then it shouldn't be allowed. They are offering us less than 50pc of our season tickets. I'd get it if the home side could sell the remainder (maybe hibs did v rangers) but they won't. In a day and age when we are trying to attract bigger crowds it's mad. Also empty seats doesn't sell the product well on t.v.

You are offering us about 50% of our season tickets so that isn't really relevant.

For what it is worth I do think it is an odd decision by United. I would assume Falkirk could probably shift about 2500ish tickets for the game on Tuesday (if we get through) so I don't know why it wouldn't be the Fair Play Stand plus the Jerry Kerr or the Fair Play Stand plus half the Shed (and then more if needed).

Guest DAVIDB69

Do think a few weeks we were starting to build Falkirk into something they were clearly not. My only concern is our poor away form

If we can't beat Falkirk over two games we don't deserve to get back up.

Hull losing probably should hope they do go down sell Robertson and we get a few quid

1 hour ago, DAVIDB69 said:

Do think a few weeks we were starting to build Falkirk into something they were clearly not. My only concern is our poor away form

If we can't beat Falkirk over two games we don't deserve to get back up.

Hull losing probably should hope they do go down sell Robertson and we get a few quid

It's being reported Liverpool will announce he's signed for them when the window opens.

Guest DAVIDB69
It's being reported Liverpool will announce he's signed for them when the window opens.

Mid table is more realistic no chance would Liverpool be interested

3 minutes ago, DAVIDB69 said:

Mid table is more realistic no chance would Liverpool be interested

The Liverpool links have been going on for the last month or so. He'll almost certainly move on anyway so should see a welcome wedge for Utd.

Guest DAVIDB69

Erm.... why?

He is a decent player good going forward, but he gets caught out defensively too much to be signing for a top club.

He is a decent player good going forward, but he gets caught out defensively too much to be signing for a top club.

He's very good defensively. I think he's bulked up a lot. Another case of the fact that a player is so good at something, in this case Robertson going forward, that people seem to think they lack in other areas. He's better going forward than he is at defending, but still a very good defender. I think you could level that at most full backs now too with the way the games changed.

Guest DAVIDB69

He's very good defensively. I think he's bulked up a lot. Another case of the fact that a player is so good at something, in this case Robertson going forward, that people seem to think they lack in other areas. He's better going forward than he is at defending, but still a very good defender. I think you could level that at most full backs now too with the way the games changed.

Don't get me wrong would be delighted for him if he signed for Liverpool but for Scotland purposes I think it would be better signing for a club where he would play all the time.

Talking 8 million fee which isn't a lot Scottish born players sadly don't have the same value as some over rated English born ones.

Is it 10 percent we get

Amazing to think that Robertson is on his way to Liverpool, and Armstrong has turned into a key player for Celtic, and almost certainly for Scotland now, whereas Gauld, who was the real star of our kids, has hardly kicked a ball for his first team since he moved.

Archived