The Official Dundee United 2016-17 Thread

I'm not convinced there's a huge difference between the bottom of the Premiership and the top of the Championship. If we do stay down then it'll be viewed as excellent business to get in some guys early who have proven good enough to win the Championship. If we somehow manage to stagger out the other side of the play-offs into the Premiership then these guys should still be good enough to contribute in the top flight. The alternative, of waiting until we know for certain which division we are in, is that the best of the available players may already be fixed up elsewhere.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would guess guys like Telfer, Zwick, Dixon, VDS, Donaldson, Dillon, Andreu, Spittal, Nicholls and Flood will all be away. Them, bar maybe Flood and Andreu haven't been good enough mostly since they signed. 

If so, id feel bad for Dixon as he's not the player from first time round due to injuries etc, however he's not been used in a way that suits him.

And Dillon is a nice guy.

The rest can GTF. 

And I'd try to get Mikkleson to come back, especially if we are going to sign a winger.

Guest DAVIDB69
I would have Simon Murray and Wato Kuate at ICT, in fact on your fans forum (not this one) Kuate was linked with us :o.

Murray is terrible

4 hours ago, mishtergrolsch said:

I would guess guys like Telfer, Zwick, Dixon, VDS, Donaldson, Dillon, Andreu, Spittal, Nicholls and Flood will all be away. Them, bar maybe Flood and Andreu haven't been good enough mostly since they signed. 

If so, id feel bad for Dixon as he's not the player from first time round due to injuries etc, however he's not been used in a way that suits him.

And Dillon is a nice guy.

The rest can GTF. 

And I'd try to get Mikkleson to come back, especially if we are going to sign a winger.

Dillon apparently might be offered a role within the club in the Development Squad/Youth Setup. 

I'd thoroughly recommend the BBC Alba documentary 'Tannadice 87'. Will be shown on Alba on the 20th of May. Great look back at the 87 season with a fair bit of footage that I don't think has been seen before (and lots of new interviews with players). 

I'd thoroughly recommend the BBC Alba documentary 'Tannadice 87'. Will be shown on Alba on the 20th of May. Great look back at the 87 season with a fair bit of footage that I don't think has been seen before (and lots of new interviews with players). 

Did you see it tonight? I really enjoyed the event.

8 hours ago, GraemePaynesSocks said:

Did you see it tonight? I really enjoyed the event.

Yeah I won tickets through Twitter. Thought it was a really good documentary (although I found the 'acting' bits a tad weird). Will definitely watch it again when it is on Alba.

Yeah I won tickets through Twitter. Thought it was a really good documentary (although I found the 'acting' bits a tad weird). Will definitely watch it again when it is on Alba.

I've no idea what the acting bits were about at all. I'm guessing the director's pals had nothing to do that day and fancied a wee muck about...

19 minutes ago, UnitedLoon63 said:

Yeah unsure on him, but will wait and see. Heard he's been nothing special at ICT. Suppose he's a winger, something we've lacked this season

When we were in the Championship, he got a decent number of assists, and was one of the few c***s who could actually take a decent corner - he was always behind Walker and Nicholson, but I reckon he would have been a useful guy to have around in the last year and a half - certainly as useful as some of the c***s we've had.

Anyway, good luck to him.

Archived