The Official Dundee United 2016-17 Thread

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Back Post Misses

He was pretty rotten against St Mirren in the diddy cup final, but has done ok there since then. Certainly no worse than our other options at RB.

He got torn to shreds at RB in the last 25 minutes against Falkirk. Leahy and Sibbald ripped the piss out of him.

He is a lovely guy agreed though.

We are talking to Murray at the moment over a new deal so it doesn't mean he would be leaving. Keatings is a positive signing as he is a proven goalscorer in this division and (if we do see Murray) then we have another option upfront. 

Apparently everyone out of contract is leaving, bar maybe Murray who we are still speaking to and trying to keep Tam. Flood leaving/retiring and Dillon coaching role. Donaldson leaving too

Good

39 minutes ago, UnitedLoon63 said:

Apparently everyone out of contract is leaving, bar maybe Murray who we are still speaking to and trying to keep Tam. Flood leaving/retiring and Dillon coaching role. Donaldson leaving too

If Wato doesn't get a deal I will riot. 

Psychologically it probably isn't great for us if we are approaching these playoff games and at least half the team know they aren't going to be here. You'd imagine some of the more experienced professionals will at least try and motivate themselves but for some of the younger guys like Telfer, Spittal, Murdoch etc if you know that you are leaving then it would be easy to just "check out" mentally. 

Nah, you can't generalise like that.

You could just as easily say the older guys would chuck it, knowing they'll most likely get something else. It might be the younger ones who say "right, screw you, I'll show you I'm worth a punt from someone".

It comes down to mentality, not age.

1 minute ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Nah, you can't generalise like that.

You could just as easily say the older guys would chuck it, knowing they'll most likely get something else. It might be the younger ones who say "right, screw you, I'll show you I'm worth a punt from someone".

It comes down to mentality, not age.

I know what your saying, I'm just concerned that having so many players heading for the door it maybe makes us a bit weaker mentally. 

Archived