The Official Dundee United 2016-17 Thread

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

And yet all of them willingly paid money to an absolute random who's fucked off with it all.

Stop sucking the tangerine boaby! Not all of us handed over money, you should maybe stick to dull facts and not exaggerated nonsense!

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Stop sucking the tangerine boaby! Not all of us handed over money, you should maybe stick to dull facts and not exaggerated nonsense!

Did you?

1 hour ago, Eddie the Eagle said:

The chairman has spoken......

CHAIRMAN’S STATEMENT
April 27, 2017

We are approaching the end of the 2016/17 Ladbrokes Championship season and the beginning of the play-offs, and I want to take this opportunity to update all our supporters on several matters and thank you for your continued support.

As I write, we remain on course to achieve our primary objective of promotion back to the Ladbrokes Premiership. To do so will be difficult, but on occasion this season the team has shown they can perform at the level required to achieve our goal and we will give it everything to get back in the Premiership.

Our home record has been fantastic, and I am told equal to all but one of our previous home records since the formation of the Club in 1909. However, I know as much as anyone that the entertainment level has at times fallen below what you and I have been used to and our away form has not been good enough. An upturn in form recently suggests we are again reaching the standard we were at earlier in the season.

Throughout the whole campaign, the team have received fantastic backing from you. Week in week out you have demonstrated your passion for United in impressive numbers both home and away. The fact that our average crowd at Tannadice remains the sixth best in the country is down to the loyalty shown by you, and I thank you for that support.

Likewise, 95% of our corporate customers in Hospitality have also remained faithful to the Club during the current campaign, and I thank each of them.

Our commercial partners, old and new, have also shown much loyalty to the Club, and we are very appreciative of this.

We have welcomed 113,409 fans through the turnstiles for Championship games this season, an average of 6,671, and it shows just how much our home support has remained incredibly loyal and supportive.

The focus is now fully on the play-offs: we are currently in discussion with the other clubs involved regarding pricing, and we will announce details in due course once agreed.

SPFL rules do not allow season ticket use for play-off games, and indeed the Club will receive just over 40% of any total ticket sales from the home fixtures after costs are taken off. We are looking at many ways of providing extra value and have also discussed with both JustSport Pro who run the Club Superstore and Sodexo who run the in-stadium kiosks about offering discount vouchers to those who attend the play-off matches at Tannadice by way of a thank you for your support. Alongside what we believe will be encouraging pricing to attend the home games, we can hopefully secure a large home crowd to assist the team in their quest.

Your support in the form of season tickets is vital to the Club. It always has been and remains so. The end of the loyalty period is on Monday 1st May, and I thank those who have already purchased at these lowest possible prices. Sales are currently running ahead of the loyalty period last season, and every sale continues to be important for the Club and the playing budget for squad improvements.

Much speculation has arisen recently regarding investment and security over Club assets. The cost of relegation hit the Club very hard – £1.5 million – but with pre-planning and strong decision-making added to the efforts of everyone at the Club we are on course to cut costs by £1.5 million over this financial year. Our commitment to continued cost-cutting alongside realistic football ambition is steadfast.

Short-term it was imperative to increase the funding for the Club to battle the short-term cash flow impact of relegation, and I am grateful to several passionate United fans who stepped forward to assist the Club. Despite recent media speculation, I can confirm all funding and security provided remains as it was disclosed to shareholders at the AGM last month.

Lots of work is being done behind the scenes across the business. Darren Taylor came on board as Head of Football Operations and his remit under the stewardship of the Manager and myself is to ensure the football recruitment at all levels is of a far better standard than at times in the recent past.

Dundee United Community Trust has also taken responsibility for the Community Department, and that gives greater access to external funding through the charitable status to ensure Dundee United’s reach within the community grows.

Each year we are asked by supporters why kits cannot be put on sale early, and this year our kit supplier has delivered a fantastic away kit that we will have on sale on Friday 28 April. Our home kit, exclusive to Dundee United, will go on sale in late June.

On external matters, Project Brave has the potential to affect the Youth systems at many clubs, but as long as it is in the best interests of Dundee United’s long-term aims and strategy, I am committed to ensuring we have everything in place to achieve the level required within the boundaries of rational financial decision-making.

Last season around this time, I promised you more open, transparent communications and we introduced the Supporters’ Liaison Group – which included all the major fans’ groups and independent representation also. The Club is also currently in dialogue with prominent supporters’ groups, and I am delighted to see so many show a willingness to discuss all issues. I look forward personally to continued pro-active engagement with United fans in this way.

The aim of everything we are currently doing as a Club is to secure a place back in the Premiership and give each and every one of us enjoyment and pride of being United supporters. I will finish by asking you once again to continue your fantastic support of the team through the playoff and into next season.

Together, we can meet the challenges that football currently presents, and with your continued support, we will rebuild stronger.

Hmmm, I think I'll wait for FifeSpud's take before commenting.

1 hour ago, Eddie the Eagle said:

CHAIRMAN’S STATEMENT
April 27, 2017

We are approaching the end of the 2016/17 Ladbrokes Championship season and the beginning of the play-offs, and I want to take this opportunity to update all our supporters on several matters and thank you for your continued support.

As I write, we remain on course to achieve our primary objective of promotion back to the Ladbrokes Premiership. To do so will be difficult, but on occasion this season the team has shown they can perform at the level required to achieve our goal and we will give it everything to get back in the Premiership.

Our home record has been fantastic, and I am told equal to all but one of our previous home records since the formation of the Club in 1909. However, I know as much as anyone that the entertainment level has at times fallen below what you and I have been used to and our away form has not been good enough. An upturn in form recently suggests we are again reaching the standard we were at earlier in the season.

Throughout the whole campaign, the team have received fantastic backing from you. Week in week out you have demonstrated your passion for United in impressive numbers both home and away. The fact that our average crowd at Tannadice remains the sixth best in the country is down to the loyalty shown by you, and I thank you for that support.

Likewise, 95% of our corporate customers in Hospitality have also remained faithful to the Club during the current campaign, and I thank each of them.

Our commercial partners, old and new, have also shown much loyalty to the Club, and we are very appreciative of this.

We have welcomed 113,409 fans through the turnstiles for Championship games this season, an average of 6,671, and it shows just how much our home support has remained incredibly loyal and supportive.

The focus is now fully on the play-offs: we are currently in discussion with the other clubs involved regarding pricing, and we will announce details in due course once agreed.

SPFL rules do not allow season ticket use for play-off games, and indeed the Club will receive just over 40% of any total ticket sales from the home fixtures after costs are taken off. We are looking at many ways of providing extra value and have also discussed with both JustSport Pro who run the Club Superstore and Sodexo who run the in-stadium kiosks about offering discount vouchers to those who attend the play-off matches at Tannadice by way of a thank you for your support. Alongside what we believe will be encouraging pricing to attend the home games, we can hopefully secure a large home crowd to assist the team in their quest.

Your support in the form of season tickets is vital to the Club. It always has been and remains so. The end of the loyalty period is on Monday 1st May, and I thank those who have already purchased at these lowest possible prices. Sales are currently running ahead of the loyalty period last season, and every sale continues to be important for the Club and the playing budget for squad improvements.

Much speculation has arisen recently regarding investment and security over Club assets. The cost of relegation hit the Club very hard – £1.5 million – but with pre-planning and strong decision-making added to the efforts of everyone at the Club we are on course to cut costs by £1.5 million over this financial year. Our commitment to continued cost-cutting alongside realistic football ambition is steadfast.

Short-term it was imperative to increase the funding for the Club to battle the short-term cash flow impact of relegation, and I am grateful to several passionate United fans who stepped forward to assist the Club. Despite recent media speculation, I can confirm all funding and security provided remains as it was disclosed to shareholders at the AGM last month.

Lots of work is being done behind the scenes across the business. Darren Taylor came on board as Head of Football Operations and his remit under the stewardship of the Manager and myself is to ensure the football recruitment at all levels is of a far better standard than at times in the recent past.

Dundee United Community Trust has also taken responsibility for the Community Department, and that gives greater access to external funding through the charitable status to ensure Dundee United’s reach within the community grows.

Each year we are asked by supporters why kits cannot be put on sale early, and this year our kit supplier has delivered a fantastic away kit that we will have on sale on Friday 28 April. Our home kit, exclusive to Dundee United, will go on sale in late June.

On external matters, Project Brave has the potential to affect the Youth systems at many clubs, but as long as it is in the best interests of Dundee United’s long-term aims and strategy, I am committed to ensuring we have everything in place to achieve the level required within the boundaries of rational financial decision-making.

Last season around this time, I promised you more open, transparent communications and we introduced the Supporters’ Liaison Group – which included all the major fans’ groups and independent representation also. The Club is also currently in dialogue with prominent supporters’ groups, and I am delighted to see so many show a willingness to discuss all issues. I look forward personally to continued pro-active engagement with United fans in this way.

The aim of everything we are currently doing as a Club is to secure a place back in the Premiership and give each and every one of us enjoyment and pride of being United supporters. I will finish by asking you once again to continue your fantastic support of the team through the playoff and into next season.

Together, we can meet the challenges that football currently presents, and with your continued support, we will rebuild stronger.

All kneel and give praise to the Dear Leader.

Image result for kim jong un

4 hours ago, Eddie the Eagle said:

CHAIRMAN’S STATEMENT
April 27, 2017

The man clearly loves the club.  I hope the United fans who questioned his motives over the last few years are ashamed of themselves.

That's a nice kit.

Simple is sometimes the best way to go.

Alot of Nike kits are pretty plain. From Barcelona to Montrose.

Which is quite good imo as a lot of brands try to over do their designs and end up making a mess of it.

Dangerous words. Imagine the shame if Montrose is added to the long list of teams other posters try to claim you support.

"Each year we are asked by supporters why kits cannot be put on sale early, and this year, thanks to 8 year old kids in a Bangladesh back street sweat shop sewing the club badge on a Nike Dri-Fit training top, our kit supplier has delivered a fantastic away kit that we will have on sale on Friday 28 April. Our home kit, exclusive to Dundee United, will go on sale in late June."

"Each year we are asked by supporters why kits cannot be put on sale early, and this year, thanks to 8 year old kids in a Bangladesh back street sweat shop sewing the club badge on a Nike Dri-Fit training top, our kit supplier has delivered a fantastic away kit that we will have on sale on Friday 28 April. Our home kit, exclusive to Dundee United, will go on sale in late June."

Expert on 8 year old kids...?

2 hours ago, Dee Man said:

And Puma are any better?

Archived