The Official Dundee United 2016-17 Thread

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

Seems a bit strange that you are cutting your cloth now. Couple of injuries in the next few games and the two Van Der's could have been important players come the play offs.

I think with Van der Velden it was a case that he had previously spoken with the club about the possibility of a move that might earn him a last pay packet in a warmer climate so the club agreed they would release him if that was the case. With Van der Struijk it is more him struggling for fitness which is a pity because of all the players we have used at fullback this season I was always pretty pleased with him.

Seems a bit strange that you are cutting your cloth now. Couple of injuries in the next few games and the two Van Der's could have been important players come the play offs.

True but VDS has been injured for ages and may not be back before end of the season. And McKinnon would rather play youngsters like Coote and Allardice over VDV, so he wasn't ever really gonna get much more game time.

4 minutes ago, dregs 83 said:

Would love the kit to be plain with a collar- favourite ever away kit was the one from the 2014-15 season- which I'm now too fat to wear. If it was a similar idea but with tangerine trim that would be lovely

Related image

Archived