The Official Dundee United 2016-17 Thread

Correct me if I'm wrong, as I haven't seen this written down anywhere, but I have a feeling Jim McIntyre was manager of Dunfermline and then QoTS before he took the County job. Can anyone confirm?

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, as I haven't seen this written down anywhere, but I have a feeling Jim McIntyre was manager of Dunfermline and then QoTS before he took the County job. Can anyone confirm?

It can't be. If it was true someone would have said.

I'm not 100% certain on this or whether it's one of those urban myths but word on the street is that Jim McIntyre used to manage QOTS and Dunfermline before he got the job at Ross County.

1 hour ago, Hibeesbounce75 said:

I'm sure I seen McIntyre as manager of Dunfermline and queen of the south a few years ago on sportscene or something. 

Can you not bugger off and troll the Premiershit forums now?

6 hours ago, Pull My Strings said:

I reckon you and Danger should put yourselves forward for the gig if McKinnon does get the bullet. Sounds like you guys have got it all figured out.

Can't speak for mishtergrolsh but I certainly am not the guy to manage a football team.  As for having it figured out I certainly remember arguing on here at the end of the 2014-15 season that McNamara should get punted and I'm pretty certain that you argued the opposite.  So in that respect I reckon I've got it "figured out" more than you do.

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Can't speak for mishtergrolsh but I certainly am not the guy to manage a football team.  As for having it figured out I certainly remember arguing on here at the end of the 2014-15 season that McNamara should get punted and I'm pretty certain that you argued the opposite.  So in that respect I reckon I've got it "figured out" more than you do.

Tbf, you've likely argued that everyone should get punted at some point. All that says is that you're an impatient blowhard.

My argument is that it's a hard job and people should be given time and a reasonable opportunity. If you want to go back far enough you'll likely find that I've said the same  thing about virtually every manager we've had in recent years. I don't claim any particular insight into the game or how to be a successful football manager. You and your assistant meanwhile reckon that you know better than a group of professional coaches on the minutiae of the game. That may be because you genuinely do or it may be because you're too dim to appreciate how complicated someone else's job is.

9 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Tbf, you've likely argued that everyone should get punted at some point. All that says is that you're an impatient blowhard.

My argument is that it's a hard job and people should be given time and a reasonable opportunity. If you want to go back far enough you'll likely find that I've said the same  thing about virtually every manager we've had in recent years. I don't claim any particular insight into the game or how to be a successful football manager. You and your assistant meanwhile reckon that you know better than a group of professional coaches on the minutiae of the game. That may be because you genuinely do or it may be because you're too dim to appreciate how complicated someone else's job is.

:lol:  Definitely PMSing.

Well, I made a right c_unt of myself there...hands up to that one :lol: 

I'm not posting before I'm fully awake again...

But yeah, I've not got management figured out but I've seen enough duds over the years to spot another one. 

3 hours ago, RawB93 said:

IMG_1492739808.020620.jpg

I don't care what anyone says, Dundee United are definitely the biggest clup in Dundee.

When is that stadium up for a Carbuncle Award anyway? Look at the state of it.

1 hour ago, UnitedLoon63 said:

The Edge suspended for the final two league games ffs.

Coll Donaldson or Toshney at centre half....

That's like asking whether you want to be executed by hanging or firing squad.

Archived