The Official Dundee United 2016-17 Thread

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't buy the "young inexperienced manager" thing tbh. He's 46 years old, played football for his whole adult life, played under some really good managers, managed a few teams, got all the badges to be a manager and he's had a years experience in this league - last season.

He's failed to get more than three good performances out of this team this season and really, the football is fucking garbage.

I honestly think he's out of his depth. He's already outsourced one of the biggest jobs a manager is supposed to do - recruitment. Mind you, his transfer record suggests that's maybe a good thing.

Would anyone really be confident if we went up this season he would keep us up?

1 hour ago, ArabianKnight said:

If we get Dundee in the play off final, we will beat them. 

Its the only way to balance things out. 

If this were to happen I would hope you guys would reciprocate our dignified silence after we relegated you as there is no satisfaction to be taken from kicking a man when he is down.

If not Ray then who?  Did anyone have a look at the list on the dee page before the announcement today? Any candidates there that you'd rather have? 

And would any of them have sourced better  players - cos at the end of the day, it's the quality or lack thereof that make the difference. 

1 minute ago, Reverend Maynard said:

If not Ray then who?  Did anyone have a look at the list on the dee page before the announcement today? Any candidates there that you'd rather have? 

And would any of them have sourced better  players - cos at the end of the day, it's the quality or lack thereof that make the difference. 

I don't know who, but then again I don't have the knowledge that the board of a football club should have or the resources to find out who.  The comparison with the Dundee situation is completely false, you're clever enough to know that.

I don't buy the "young inexperienced manager" thing tbh. He's 46 years old, played football for his whole adult life, played under some really good managers, managed a few teams, got all the badges to be a manager and he's had a years experience in this league - last season.
He's failed to get more than three good performances out of this team this season and really, the football is fucking garbage.
I honestly think he's out of his depth. He's already outsourced one of the biggest jobs a manager is supposed to do - recruitment. Mind you, his transfer record suggests that's maybe a good thing.
Would anyone really be confident if we went up this season he would keep us up?

He is an inexperienced manager. What's he done so far? I go at a junior club then a season at Raith....

The "McKinnon needs time to learn" argument does my head in.  I expect to see progress during his time her, I've seen none.  Instead I've seen us going backwards.  

I'll give just one small example of this.  All the time Fraser was playing he was taking corners, his corners were continually terrible; not just poor but terrible.  It was something that obviously wasn't being addressed in training nor was McKinnon trying someone else on corners.

If a manager can't address something as fundamental as this throughout a season then something's wrong.  My worry is that the reason he didn't address it was because he didn't even realise it.

Doesn't help that Thompson continues to give managers long contracts before having to pay them off. After giving McNamara a needless extension, then Mixu three years, you'd have thought he might've learned before McKinnon.

Posted by Fans United this afternoon (link to Companies House website) - 

Cath Thompson has taken security over Gussie Park, the adjacent car park, the Club Shop and another building (Occupied by DC Painters & Joiners Ltd) in respect of £500,000 of loans she has granted to the club.

The club still own these properties but if an insolvency position arose then Cath is entitled to take her debt out of any sales proceeds or take control of these assets.

The security is in respect of £500k which may or may not include the £200k reported as being received in January 2017 (per year end accounts).

Archived