The Official Dundee United 2016-17 Thread

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm trying to figure out who the two players with sell on clauses are! Could be anyone!
Armstrong?
J Souttar?
Robertson?
Gauld?
Russell?
H Souttar?
GMS 
Noel Hunt?
Ciftci?
Scott Allan?
Steven Glass?
De Vries?
Hasney Aljofree?
Dave Narey? 

I'm sure only he knows.
(My guess is Noel Hunt and Mark De Vries)

Ah I see. For the avoidance of doubt the 2 that were offered were Armstrong and Robertson.

Probably due to the fact that sending on a share of the sell on profit from the rest would barely be worth the price of a stamp.

The Development team drew 2-2 with Dunfermline at Station Park. Goals from Appere and Brad Smith (apparently his was a cracker). The side was quite young with no first team players involved (obviously with tomorrow in mind). 

Only if somebody pays any money for him. Another overhyped Arab reject.

United did well getting 3 million quid for him then. How much did Dundee get for the superstars Hemmings and Stewart?

10 minutes ago, Dens83 said:

United did well getting 3 million quid for him then. How much did Dundee get for the superstars Hemmings and Stewart?

There is absolutely no doubt United have played the sale of their players far better than Dundee have.  They have also, in my opinion, been helped by an obliging local press.  A couple of good performances from a young player usually gets the press hyping them up to be the next big thing.  As unbelievable as it is they even did it with Muirhead and Spittal - yes Spittal!

The above is a credit to United by the way.  Dundee's board has still got a lot to learn.

There is absolutely no doubt United have played the sale of their players far better than Dundee have.  They have also, in my opinion, been helped by an obliging local press.  A couple of good performances from a young player usually gets the press hyping them up to be the next big thing.  As unbelievable as it is they even did it with Muirhead and Spittal - yes Spittal!
The above is a credit to United by the way.  Dundee's board has still got a lot to learn.

Indeed. Scouts of Premiership and Championship clubs down South are well known to use the Evening Telegraph and Courier as barometers of player's ability.

Dundee were desperate to get their hands on Spittal, along with other clubs.

The fact he was hyped as the next big thing had nothing to do with United or The Courier!

Where's the 3 million now bro [emoji4][emoji4][emoji4]

Someone did pay money for him. Your detailed knowledge of United's finances should tell you this.

We are talking about sell on clauses mate - what somebody paid for him 2 years ago is irrelevant. Are you United's FD perchance?

Good username though. Think I might change mine to Dens16 - what do you reckon?

Archived