The Official Dundee United 2016-17 Thread

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still think the most likely outcome IMO is that we will finish 3rd, narrowly beat Morton but then lose to Falkirk. I think (I hope) the last couple of weeks have shown that Morton might suffer a bad run of form between now and the end of the season but I still think Falkirk have a better and more balanced squad than we do.

Next season will be massive for a few reasons, unfortunately I expect much more negativity off the field once season ticket sales take a hit and we have another year of dramatically reduced income. If Robertson can seal his £15million move this summer that would be handy....(Armstrong can wait for another year before his own £25million transfer).

I don't think there's likely to be a great deal of difference in the quality of personnel in the four teams in the play-offs so it'll come down to who's in better form and carrying the good fortune. Our form's been poor for a while which must make us outsiders. There's still the possibility that Morton's form will fall off a cliff (as heavily hinted at by last night's result) and the team that finishes second bottom of the Premiership isn't likely to be in a great mood either so we may not be any worse off than them. That probably leaves Falkirk as favourites. They were probably favourites against Killie last season too.

Got an update today. Apparently ST was offered 50k a year for the next few years and a decent share of the 2 players with sell on clauses windfall money - but he has declined this. Apparently the club has enough money borrowed (expensively from the US and relatively cheaply from Edinburgh) to get through all the fixtures. There's a wee bit more info than that but you definitely wouldn't believe me so in the words of Mixu - what's the fucking point.

It's turning out to be a strange end to the season.  We could still realistically finish anywhere from second to fourth though I'm fairly certain that we're stuck in this league for at least another season.
Our ability to finish second will be as much about how poor Falkirk and Morton are as much as anything else; I still wasn't impressed by our overall performance last night and if dunfermilne hadn't fallen out of the game it could easily have been a repeat of the Falkirk result.
I'd love for us to have a crack at the playoffs, it would be an exciting end to an otherwise dreadful season.
As for the last few posts here, Toshney showed his lack of ability again during his cameo appearance last night.  

Nailed it for me #grumpyoldmen

I still think the most likely outcome IMO is that we will finish 3rd, narrowly beat Morton but then lose to Falkirk. I think (I hope) the last couple of weeks have shown that Morton might suffer a bad run of form between now and the end of the season but I still think Falkirk have a better and more balanced squad than we do.
Next season will be massive for a few reasons, unfortunately I expect much more negativity off the field once season ticket sales take a hit and we have another year of dramatically reduced income. If Robertson can seal his £15million move this summer that would be handy....(Armstrong can wait for another year before his own £25million transfer).

This is entirely pragmatic, I agree.

Got an update today. Apparently ST was offered 50k a year for the next few years and a decent share of the 2 players with sell on clauses windfall money - but he has declined this. Apparently the club has enough money borrowed (expensively from the US and relatively cheaply from Edinburgh) to get through all the fixtures. There's a wee bit more info than that but you definitely wouldn't believe me so in the words of Mixu - what's the fucking point.

Your​ ambiguous attempt at a self deprecating point whilst seeking attention therefore seems moot?

Yes, what's the point? Why do you keep coming back if no one will believe you? Are you desperate for attention? A masochist? Utterly obsessed with United?

1 hour ago, Fifespud said:

Chuckle, chuckle.

Given I've been 100% spot on so far I struggle to understand the lack of faith.

Next season Dundee FC may or may not be playing in the Scottish Championship.  If they are relegated they may or may not struggle to get back up.  They may or may not even go into administration.

Everything I have said above is also "100% spot on" but, like your posts, completely meaningless.

did eh miss the day we went into admin?

Ah but, you see he didn't actually say we were going into administration even though he did. He might have hinted that administration was in the post but he might not have.

His sources have been absolutely spot on. Everything he hasn't predicted hasn't happened. Like he said it would.

To summarise, f**k all has happened in exactly the way he said it might.

1 hour ago, GraemePaynesSocks said:

Ah but, you see he didn't actually say we were going into administration even though he did. He might have hinted that administration was in the post but he might not have.

His sources have been absolutely spot on. Everything he hasn't predicted hasn't happened. Like he said it would.

To summarise, f**k all has happened in exactly the way he said it might.

Thanks for clearing that up.

I'm trying to figure out who the two players with sell on clauses are! Could be anyone!

Armstrong?

J Souttar?

Robertson?

Gauld?

Russell?

H Souttar?

GMS 

Noel Hunt?

Ciftci?

Scott Allan?

Steven Glass?

De Vries?

Hasney Aljofree?

Dave Narey? 

I'm sure only he knows.

(My guess is Noel Hunt and Mark De Vries)

Archived