The Official Dundee United 2016-17 Thread

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, UnitedLoon63 said:

Dave Bowman was named as a trialist today on the bench for the development team as we had injuries and international call ups

Minter

Aye total minter having young lads being called up for internationals

:1eye

I think because it was away in Hamilton and it was a Thursday then the 1st team were all tied up with training in prep for the game on Saturday. A few hysterical Twitter responses, mainly along the lines of "how more embarrassing can it get from our club" etc, etc. A few from Fans United, surprise, surprise.

Fuckin clowns. The facts are there to see, he coaches with Utd and we were short of bodies in a development game due to international call ups and injuries. If that was the only problem at Tannadice right now, id be delighted

ETA - he couldnt be any worse than some of the shite that we have in there anyway. Im looking at you Toshney and Murdoch

9 hours ago, Twinkle said:

Fuckin clowns. The facts are there to see, he coaches with Utd and we were short of bodies in a development game due to international call ups and injuries. If that was the only problem at Tannadice right now, id be delighted

ETA - he couldnt be any worse than some of the shite that we have in there anyway. Im looking at you Toshney and Murdoch

These people would also be the ones complaining if we had a massive youth squad doing nothing for the first team and being a waste of money etc etc.

The club can't win with these morons.

ETA who cares if Bowman is named as a sub? Probably more chance of someone at United learning how to put in a tackle.

2 hours ago, ArabianKnight said:

Its things like this that highlight the absolute zoomers found within the United support. 

5 minutes ago, GraemePaynesSocks said:

Unfortunately, these guys appear to want some control over the running of the club...

Every club however big or small has its share of zoomers.  I think the lack of support for the recent 'demonstration' at Tannadice and the general abuse the protestors got from the other Arabs shows that they are in a tiny minority.

I'm not oppossed to fan involvement in football clubs, I think it can be a positive thing; but it's all down to the motivation, calibre and experience of those who want to get involved.

The current Stephen Thomson haters have no credibility and don't deserve to have any.  What may be interesting in the future is if a genuine buyer comes forward.  Given the current state of the club that may seem unlikely but if you look at the guys who took over Dundee FC then anything is possible.

30 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Every club however big or small has its share of zoomers.  I think the lack of support for the recent 'demonstration' at Tannadice and the general abuse the protestors got from the other Arabs shows that they are in a tiny minority.

I'm not oppossed to fan involvement in football clubs, I think it can be a positive thing; but it's all down to the motivation, calibre and experience of those who want to get involved.

The current Stephen Thomson haters have no credibility and don't deserve to have any.  What may be interesting in the future is if a genuine buyer comes forward.  Given the current state of the club that may seem unlikely but if you look at the guys who took over Dundee FC then anything is possible.

The thing is, the louder they get, the more influential they may become. Then that's when it becomes a problem. I've no problem if a fan slaps a huge wad of cash down, buys ST out and bank rolls the place but that's not happening. But fan ownership scares me. Especially when you look at some fans who are in these groups, feds and supporters clubs.

Ps

Im hearing the guys in charge of Dundee won't be there much longer. When the new stadium plans fall through they'll be offski.

Popcorn out, lads.

11 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

The thing is, the louder they get, the more influential they may become. Then that's when it becomes a problem. I've no problem if a fan slaps a huge wad of cash down, buys ST out and bank rolls the place but that's not happening. But fan ownership scares me. Especially when you look at some fans who are in these groups, feds and supporters clubs.

Ps

Im hearing the guys in charge of Dundee won't be there much longer. When the new stadium plans fall through they'll be offski.

Popcorn out, lads.

Please don't become our equivalent of Fifespud.  You're better than that.

Archived