The Official Dundee United 2016-17 Thread

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Fifespud said:

Still here? Obviously nothing to worry about.

Oh we are in the top 6 now having beaten Rangers yesterday. I guessing you guys and gals don't know what's going on the higher echelons of Scottish football these days.

What really? THE Glasgow Rangers?? To move into the top 6?

f**k!! you guys must be punching the air. Well done, really well done. Proud day for your club.

I cant believe it, welling up here.

13 hours ago, Fifespud said:

Still here? Obviously nothing to worry about.

Oh we are in the top 6 now having beaten Rangers yesterday. I guessing you guys and gals don't know what's going on the higher echelons of Scottish football these days.

I often wonder what it must be like to lose to this new incarnation of Rangers. It's cute that you consider 6th place to be the "higher echelons" though. Almost endearing.

1 hour ago, bobbycoxblue said:

Don't know one dee with that attitude to be perfectly honest.. but carry on !

It's probably an exageration.  However I know some Dees for whom our recent relegation was the greatest thing they have ever witnessed.

13 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

In football? or life in general?

I know you have witnessed greater things in life in general.  Who could forget the wheelchair race at the Ninewells bus terminal?

47 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I know you have witnessed greater things in life in general.  Who could forget the wheelchair race at the Ninewells bus terminal?

I forgot all about that until you reminded me there. Thank you.

7 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

It's probably an exageration.  However I know some Dees for whom our recent relegation was the greatest thing they have ever witnessed.

For some it probably was.  In fairness how many teams get to relegate their rivals?  The fact that we are the 'wee team' and have been relatively poor for 40 years just made it all the sweeter.  I'm sure you'll come back up eventually.  I just hope we don't go the other way!

17 minutes ago, Daydream said:

For some it probably was.  In fairness how many teams get to relegate their rivals?  The fact that we are the 'wee team' and have been relatively poor for 40 years just made it all the sweeter.  I'm sure you'll come back up eventually.  I just hope we don't go the other way!

Excellent post.

They probably will come back up. Gives us another chance to relegate them again of course. On the other hand they might never come back up, it's happened to other teams, left to spend generations in the seaside leagues.
If they get through their current and impending worsening financial crisis, as I expect them to, I'm hoping for a prolonged period in lower leagues, long enough to damage them so badly it takes years, if not decades to recover.

25 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

They probably will come back up. Gives us another chance to relegate them again of course. On the other hand they might never come back up, it's happened to other teams, left to spend generations in the seaside leagues.
If they get through their current and impending worsening financial crisis, as I expect them to, I'm hoping for a prolonged period in lower leagues, long enough to damage them so badly it takes years, if not decades to recover.

Yer a bitter man Spudster.  Can't really be too critical though, I'm sure that there are plenty of Arabs who took a similar position when your lot were in the lower division for a prolonged period.

Nonetheless it's a sad thing when your rivals' misfortunate is the biggest thing you have to crow about.

Current AND impending??

Archived