The Official Dundee United 2016-17 Thread

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, banana said:

Definitely something fishy about signing another sole striker.

And about these online Kris Common's rumours now doing the rounds too :D:D:D

"Dundee United very interested in Kris Commons along with a host of Premiership clubs but again wages a huge stumbling block.Can't afford him"

55 minutes ago, Zing. said:

Imagine Dundee United trying to sign fatty Commons :lol: 

Back in the day when we signed Billy Dodds his ears shrunk overnight.  In the unlikely event we were to sign Commons I imagine he would morph into a svelte athlete in the same timeframe.

7 minutes ago, mikedafc said:

Any News on Cammy Bell, in your managers post match interview he said Cammy had blurred vision and had been taken to hospital as a precaution

I imagine he'll  be fine. You quite often see players have to go off after a head knock and then they're back in the starting line up the following week.

<<< NB. Not a doctor.

One Word: Minter.

This Thompson out patter should be binned til the end of the season. Protesting against the Chairman does f**k all at the minute to help the club. It's just embarrassing, for example during the Ross County game, Utd fans were praising McKinnon even though he took off our most prolific striker and put Spittal on as a replacement, but were chanting "Thompson Out" when we went 5-2 down. Absolutely mind-boggling, if anyone was a fault there it was the manager not the chairman. 

ETA: We shouldn't be hijacking a anti-Trump rally, Trump's an arse what he's doing to the world is much more important than what Thompson's doing to United

ETA: Ignore that last point I only just now realised it was photoshopped, absolute roaster that I am

Thompson has more chance of recouping more of the family  money and selling up profitably if the club is in the premiership.  We're second, have been briefly top of the table and are still in the mix. Who at the start of the season would have predicted this, after the utter car crash that was 15/16? 

The board Shirley knows that a bit moe investment could see us promoted through the play offs. Why risk another season if money could be made available for some extra quality. If only we had a cash windfall coming in.

Oh, look..........

9 hours ago, Marr1 said:

Not wanting to trivialise the importance of these protests, but that is brilliant.

9 hours ago, Reverend Maynard said:

Thompson has more chance of recouping more of the family  money and selling up profitably if the club is in the premiership.  We're second, have been briefly top of the table and are still in the mix. Who at the start of the season would have predicted this, after the utter car crash that was 15/16? 

The board Shirley knows that a bit moe investment could see us promoted through the play offs. Why risk another season if money could be made available for some extra quality. If only we had a cash windfall coming in.

Oh, look..........

I would have hoped we would be in that position in the Championship despite last season.  Otherwise I totally agree with your post.

HONDURAS TRIO ARRIVE

January 31, 2017

The trio of players who have been fixed up from Honduran champions Motagua, Francisco Ramirez, Reynaldo Clavasquin and Gustavo Fuentes arrived in Scotland late on Saturday night.

Argentinian Fuentes has a Spanish passport, so he could be clear to play in a few days, but the two Hondurans will have to wait until work permits have been obtained.

On Monday evening, the Under-21s are due at Love Street to face St Mirren, though 49-year old Danny Griffin was still unable to make his return from a knee problem.

Archived