The Official Dundee United 2016-17 Thread

6 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Shows plenty of game intelligence, hence his 11 goals despite being played mainly uptop by himself. Which is absolutely not what suits him, because as you've pointed out, he's not a great hold up player or great at winning the ball in the air. Difference between him playing with and without Ofere last season for example... needs somebody to play off of.

I'm not saying he's brilliant and I can understand why he divides opinion, but he's definitely been useful, and played a good part in Uniteds season so far.

Totally agree.  Ignore PMS he's a contrarian.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Shows plenty of game intelligence, hence his 11 goals despite being played mainly uptop by himself. Which is absolutely not what suits him, because as you've pointed out, he's not a great hold up player or great at winning the ball in the air. Difference between him playing with and without Ofere last season for example... needs somebody to play off of.

I'm not saying he's brilliant and I can understand why he divides opinion, but he's definitely been useful, and played a good part in Uniteds season so far.

I'm not saying he's shite. Far from it. I'm a fan of Murray, up to a point and would be disappointed to see him leave. He's got great energy and enthusiasm which can be very useful, particularly coming off the bench late in a game. I'm just pointing out that he's got massive holes in his game which undermine his usefulness. You rather glossed over those holes in your eulogy.

17 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Totally agree.  Ignore PMS he's a contrarian.

Oh no I'm not. 

Archived