The Official Dundee United 2016-17 Thread

17 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

No there was/is nothing to laugh about.  It was another example of Jackie's absolute uselessness that folk ignored at the time only to complain about later on.

I was one of the few on here arguing that he should have had his contracted terminated at the end of the 2014/15 season.  I was proven right there too but, again, take no satisfaction from it.

f**k Jackie McNamara. He should have been fucking terminated at the end of that season. Not his contract.

f**k sake, I was almost beginning to move on....

Ps Muirhead could have been a decent player if he was played. We will never know. Huge waste of time and money. 

f**k Jackie McNamara.

Nurse!

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

No there was/is nothing to laugh about.  It was another example of Jackie's absolute uselessness that folk ignored at the time only to complain about later on.

I was one of the few on here arguing that he should have had his contracted terminated at the end of the 2014/15 season.  I was proven right there too but, again, take no satisfaction from it.

At least you have the satisfaction of having been right all along. That must be some consolation.

Some United fans really are embarrassing and need to get a grip, blaming Thompson after we lose a game. Yeah it is a small matter of his fault we are down here now, but losing games isn't down to him. Some fans keep bringing up the past every time we lose blaming Thompson cause we lose a game, some need to get a grip and move on!

12 minutes ago, Zen Archer said:

DABS booing the fog:lol:

We can get very emotional about different weather conditions to be fair.  I have some particularly bad insults that I only ever use against sleet.

14 hours ago, UnitedLoon63 said:

.........blaming Thompson after we lose a game. Yeah it is a small matter of his fault we are down here now, but losing games isn't down to him. Some fans keep bringing up the past every time we lose blaming Thompson cause we lose a game, some need to get a grip and move on!

Seriously?  It's hardly bringing up the past when he is still in charge of your club.  

I would have thought the speed / rate at which he sold players to pay off the soft loans to him and associates was a massive factor in the decline of United.  

Well, the defensive stability upon which we built our winning run appears to have gone out the window, with 12 goals conceded in 3 games.

Having only seen the Hibs game, where Flood's headless chicken act and shit passing left our central defenders under pressure, and a lack of width leaving the (admittedly terrible) full backs expose, can anyone who was at the last 2 games confirm if these are the root of our problems? Or are we back to the individual blunders that were commonplace last season?

On 22/01/2017 at 16:05, Aladdin said:

Well, the defensive stability upon which we built our winning run appears to have gone out the window, with 12 goals conceded in 3 games.

Having only seen the Hibs game, where Flood's headless chicken act and shit passing left our central defenders under pressure, and a lack of width leaving the (admittedly terrible) full backs expose, can anyone who was at the last 2 games confirm if these are the root of our problems? Or are we back to the individual blunders that were commonplace last season?

Bell was woeful

Archived