The Official Dundee United 2016-17 Thread

Last night hurt more because of two things. Firstly it was a disastrous tactical blunder by McKinnon and it showed him up big time. However despite the tactic not working the players didn't manage to raise beyond below par performances all game. It is totally cliche but they really "didn't fancy it". It was a massive kick in the teeth for the fans and as I have said in the match thread the second half annoyed me for than the first because Hibs sat back and asked us to challenge them, which we couldn't. It was a cowardly performance. 

On a positive note we all know that Hibs have a better squad than us so in the grand scheme of things we are still just about where we could have hoped for. The big challenge is maintaining form against the rest of the division, starting with a tough game at home next week. 

Final point on last night, I am not sure what others experienced in the ground but for me it was the second time this season (first being Falkirk) that I witnessed a fairly sizeable chunk of the support act like utter morons. The personal abuse that players like Dixon and Fraser were getting was beyond what fans should be doing in a stadium and there were several asked to leave by the stewards because they were clearly out of their box. Maybe I'm just unlucky and end up next to fans that behave like that. I suppose that all clubs have supporters like that (especially on a Friday night game).

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

Last night hurt more because of two things. Firstly it was a disastrous tactical blunder by McKinnon and it showed him up big time. However despite the tactic not working the players didn't manage to raise beyond below par performances all game. It is totally cliche but they really "didn't fancy it". It was a massive kick in the teeth for the fans and as I have said in the match thread the second half annoyed me for than the first because Hibs sat back and asked us to challenge them, which we couldn't. It was a cowardly performance. 

On a positive note we all know that Hibs have a better squad than us so in the grand scheme of things we are still just about where we could have hoped for. The big challenge is maintaining form against the rest of the division, starting with a tough game at home next week. 

Final point on last night, I am not sure what others experienced in the ground but for me it was the second time this season (first being Falkirk) that I witnessed a fairly sizeable chunk of the support act like utter morons. The personal abuse that players like Dixon and Fraser were getting was beyond what fans should be doing in a stadium and there were several asked to leave by the stewards because they were clearly out of their box. Maybe I'm just unlucky and end up next to fans that behave like that. I suppose that all clubs have supporters like that (especially on a Friday night game).

Image result for american psycho animated gif

No shame in last night's defeat. Beaten by a better team on the night (and, frankly a better team overall). McKinnon set the team up to keep it tight and didn't have many options to change it when we fell behind early on. No great surprise and no reason to panic. We should still manage to finish top two and have a decent crack at the play-offs and I wouldn't rule out winning the league just yet.

Here, did we not sign a non league striker a year ago. Came from an edinburgh team maybe? We loaned him back to his club for the season?

Aaron Murrell from Spartans. He's on loan at Cowdenbeath right now.

Edit: He's a bench warmer for them, never gets a start.

Archived