The Official Dundee United 2016-17 Thread

Which could be understood if Toshney was any good at getting forward.  

Dont disagree mate, just passing on what was said. To be honest, im still undecided on Toshney from what ive seen so far. Not writing him off but cant see what the fuss was in signging him

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Toshney reminds me of McGowan. He is more of a central player but is being played on the right because he has a good engine, will be willing to get forward and is pretty solid defensively. I'm still to be totally convinced by him but he has been solid enough.

45 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Aye, McGowan's a good comparison. Quite similar playing styles as well.

A fair comparison, but I preferred McGowan personally. Certainly wasn't worth paying a transfer fee for Toshney.

1 hour ago, ArabFC said:

A fair comparison, but I preferred McGowan personally. Certainly wasn't worth paying a transfer fee for Toshney.

Time will tell but I wasn't averse to us paying for Toshney.  By comparison we signed McGowan for free I think and sold him after a year for about £300k.  That's the nature of being a provincial Scottish club.

I thought toshney was abysmal against Dumbarton and while I like how he gets forward he wasn't  immune from the odd brain fart in defense yesterday either.

The comparison with McGowan is good one. I went from being seething with him in his first dozen games to wanting him to be club captain so here's hoping it's similar.

ok, so i gotta ask(i may have already done this early on in this thread, sorry if so) but what is it like being so close to your cross road rival? 

when united is away do you ever go to one of their(dundee fc) matches? 

14 minutes ago, Pachyderm I said:

ok, so i gotta ask(i may have already done this early on in this thread, sorry if so) but what is it like being so close to your crosstown rival? 

when united is away do you ever go to one of their(dundee fc) matches? 

They're cross road rivals, not cross City and it I quite like that. Means I'm always going to the same place more or less at derbies. 

Would I feck pay to get into that stadium unless I was watching United!

27 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

They're cross road rivals, not cross City and it I quite like that. Means I'm always going to the same place more or less at derbies. 

Would I feck pay to get into that stadium unless I was watching United!

yeah, i knew they were cross road rivals. my bad. 

cheers! 

17 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

What do you mean what is it like? We don't play on the same day so it's not any different to going to any other ground.

And no I would never go to a Dundee game.

wow, they purposely never have home games on the same day? 

sorry. dumb questions i guess. 

1 hour ago, Pachyderm I said:

ok, so i gotta ask(i may have already done this early on in this thread, sorry if so) but what is it like being so close to your cross road rival? 

The stench from tannadice is unbearable (especially on a hot day). Thank you.

24 minutes ago, banana said:

Any names to share?

Coll Durnan. We have morphed the gruesome twosome in to one in the hope that between them there is a decent defender there. Worst case scenario is we are left with one shit defender and not two.

8 minutes ago, skinny arab said:

Coll Durnan. We have morphed the gruesome twosome in to one in the hope that between them there is a decent defender there. Worst case scenario is we are left with one shit defender and not two.

desktop-1413388551.png

Sign him up, Housty!

Archived